Is God calling you to ministry? For over 70 years, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) has proclaimed the Gospel through its various ministries. BGEA employees work to share this hope online, through evangelistic events, our chaplain ministry, television, radio and more.
Whether next door or around the world, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is reaching people for Christ using innovative ministries and global outreach projects.
When you work for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, you work for an organization that not only cares about reaching people with the Gospel, but also cares about you. You will work with a high caliber of people professionally, spiritually and personally. You will make a meaningful difference in the world while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ. At BGEA, we strive to achieve excellence in everything we do. Depending on your job, you could have the opportunity to travel, see new things, meet exciting people, challenge your abilities and impact lives for eternity. Since we are funded by faithful donors, our employees have the advantage of a competitive salary and quality benefits. Whether you work at our headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, or a field office abroad, you are part of a team of committed Christians working together to reach people to the ends of the earth with the Gospel.
The Title VII Exception For Employment
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) is a faith-based religious organization committed to spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ through every effective means. Consistent with our charitable purpose to share the Christian faith, a requirement for employment at BGEA is affirmation and adherence to our Christian Statement of Faith. Our Statement of Faith prerequisite for employment is based upon federal law set forth in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. Section 2000e-1.
At BGEA, our attributes and values—the hallmarks listed below—help make us distinctive and effective as we serve God and fulfill our mission of sharing the Gospel across our nation and around the world.
- Excellence – Everything we do is for God’s glory, and we strive to work to the best of our ability, no matter what we’re doing.
- Innovation – Creative thinking—from everyone—helps us find new or improved ways to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ through every effective means possible.
- Passion – God has given each of us unique spiritual gifts. Using these—and encouraging co-workers in their talents—is an essential part of zealously pursuing ministry goals.
- Responsiveness – Our shared calling is to respond to the needs of others and to God with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- Unity – Unity doesn’t mean we agree on everything—but it does mean we speak and act in a way that glorifies God and shows we care for each other.
Statement of Faith
These core beliefs make up the foundation upon which all our ministry endeavors are based:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. 1 Corinthians 12:12,27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
Continuing the lifelong work of Billy Graham, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) exists to support and extend the evangelistic calling and ministry of Franklin Graham by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping the church and others to do the same.
Thousands of volunteers and more than 900 employees worldwide are called to support our mission–working at our ministry headquarters in North Carolina or at our field offices across the United States and overseas. This incredible team of dedicated servants is active in achieving the mission of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
Click on ministry to read more.
Billy Graham Library
Billy Graham Library
The Billy Graham Library supports the mission of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association to proclaim the Gospel to all we can by every effective means available to us, and by equipping the church and others to do the same. Our staff and volunteers present the Gospel through the Journey of Faith tour, Memorial Prayer Garden, Homeplace, and evangelistic outreaches like Christmas at the Library. We also serve and equip Christians through the Billy Graham archives, Ruth’s Attic bookstore, Graham Brothers Dairy Bar, group programs, special events, memorabilia displays, student resources, communications, and donor ministry activities.
Blue Ridge Broadcasting/The Light FM
Blue Ridge Broadcasting/The Light FM
Blue Ridge Broadcasting/The Light FM broadcasts the Good News of God’s love to a seven-state area that includes the metro regions of Asheville and Charlotte, North Carolina; Greenville-Spartanburg, South Carolina; the Tri-Cities in Tennessee as well as Knoxville, TN. In addition to our radio broadcast signals, The Light FM also offers encouraging content through our on-demand app and our web stream that can be accessed on the website and through your voice-controlled device.
The China Ministry Team (CMT) of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Associate (BGEA) exists to bring the good news of Jesus Christ to both the people of China and Chinese people around the world. CMT aims to develop strategic ministry objectives with key partners’ i.e. Chinese churches within and outside of China, Chinese government agencies, other departments of the BGEA and Samaritan’s Purse (SP). The ministry focus consists of the following areas: maintaining the legacy of the Graham/Bell family in China through the Nelson Bell Medical Center and the Ruth Bell Graham Library; the BGEA Chinese website and Chinese social media platforms; facilitating the translation and publication of BGEA and Graham family videos, books, and daily devotions within China; supporting the Chinese pastors and churches; promoting ministry exchange between BGEA and Chinese organizations through forums, conferences, and mutual exchange visits; representing the BGEA and SP in seminaries and churches in China; and facilitating high level visits for Provincial Chinese Church leaders to the United States.
The Church Ministry department supports the mission of BGEA to proclaim the Gospel to all we can by every effective means available to us by encouraging and equipping churches and others to do the same. Church Ministry coordinators and volunteers across the US seek build relationships with pastors, support their ministry in prayer and offer BGEA resources, such as evangelism training, as aids in ministry. The Church Ministry department is also central to the Decision America Tours by working to involve churches and individuals in the Tour as a way to engage their communities and help spread the Gospel.
The Communications Department at BGEA consists of the following areas: project management, ecommerce, advertising, public relations/social media/promotion, creative services (graphic design, copy writing and production), and Decision Magazine, our official monthly publication. The department tells the story of what God is doing through the BGEA by creating print and digital materials that support the organization’s mission of proclaiming the Gospel, negotiating paid and leveraging unpaid promotional placements, and engaging new and existing supporters with targeted content using a combination of indirect and direct communications channels.
Corporate Affairs assists members of the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, General Counsel and Vice Presidents in carrying out their responsibilities. All aspects of Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings are performed and coordinated by Corporate Affairs, including scheduling and distribution of notices, preparation of advance materials, conducting meetings and preparing minutes of meetings. Corporate Affairs works closely with the Board of Directors and senior management regarding Board and corporate policies and procedures, regulatory matters, ECFA compliance and other similar matters. Corporate Affairs performs the responsibilities related to the office of Secretary to Board of Directors.
Cove – Finance
Cove – Finance
The Finance Department supports business and financial initiates for the Billy Graham Training Center at the Cove (BGTC) including accounting principles, practices and procedures.
Cove – Food Services
Cove – Food Services
The Food Services Department maintains the high standard of hospitality and food service set forth by The Billy Graham Training Center at the Cove (BGTC). Food Services is responsible for food preparation and overall presentation of food for any event at The Cove.
Cove – Guest Group Events
Cove – Guest Group Events
The Guest Group Events Department engages prospective groups who align with the mission of BGTC through the use of strategic marketing and promotion, and personal contact. The department provides event-related information to groups, negotiates event contracts, and delivers accurate billing to groups at the conclusion of their events. The department also conducts market analysis and strategic planning to maintain rate structures that meet the operational goals of BGTC.
Cove – Guest Services
Cove – Guest Services
The Guest Services Department maintains the high standard of hospitality of The Billy Graham Training Center at the Cove (BGTC). Guest Services manages facility usage and service coordination to support all events. Our commitment is to ensure every guest experience is wrapped in hospitality and enrichment during their visit to The Cove.
Cove – Lodging and Laundry Services
Cove – Lodging and Laundry Services
The Cove Lodging Department strives to extend hospitality to guests of BGTC by creating an atmosphere of comfort and cleanliness in our Inn properties, cabins and common areas. Lodging welcomes guests and makes sure day and night operations run smoothly in all guest accommodations.
Cove – Programs
Cove – Programs
The Program Department offers seminars and other public, staff-programmed events that align with the mission of BGTC. The department schedules speakers, emcees, worship director and musical artist to enhance each attendee’s experience. It produces event-related collateral material for each event, negotiates agreements with all event participants and provides accurate reports at the close of each event. The department also conducts strategic planning to meet the operational goals of BGTC.
Cove – Reservations
Cove – Reservations
The Reservations Department is the first direct contact potential guests have with the Cove about our Programs and property. Our Team provides speaker, event and lodging availability information. Our core task is to take calls to make and edit reservations guiding guests thru the process until the start of their chosen event. We provide various structures of reporting to other departments on the number of registered guests that will be attending each event.
Cove – Retail Services
Cove – Retail Services
The Retail Services Department is responsible for all activities related to retail sales for customers who visit, call or email Ruth’s Attic Bookstore at The Cove. The department’s goal is to provide merchandise that will inspire the Body of Christ. The department purchases, receives, merchandises and sales inventory to customers providing excellent customer service, product knowledge and sales that meet the goals of the BGTC.
Cove – Security
Cove – Security
The Security Department strives to ensure and maintain a safe and secure environment for all visitors, employees, guests, and property of the BGTC.
Cove – Technical Services
Cove – Technical Services
The Technical Services Department provides the Audio and Video support for all Cove originated and Guest Group events held at The Cove. Using state of the art equipment, we mix music, reinforce and record live sound, shoot multi-camera video productions, and provide presentation graphics to assist in the communication of the gospel. Through this service, we enable all speakers to clearly and effectively train people in God’s word to win others for Christ and thereby further BGEA’s religious mission.
Cove – Visitor’s Center
Cove – Visitor’s Center
The Visitors Center maintains the high standard of hospitality of The Billy Graham Training Center at the Cove (BGTC). The Visitors Center staff welcomes, informs and assists guests and visitors who are visiting the BGTC.
The Crusade Department exists to carry on the mission of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all by every effective means available for equipping the church and others to do the same. Crusade teams work in cities around the world mobilizing, encouraging, and training local church leaders to create the actual evangelistic meeting where both the saved and unsaved will hear the Gospel message and be given an opportunity to either invite Jesus Christ into their hearts for the first time or recommit their lives in service to the Lord. After the invitation, the Crusades Department works with the local church to ensure all who have made a decision for Christ are given the opportunity to assimilate into the local church and to receive training as a disciple.
Data and Mail Processing
Data and Mail Processing
The Data and Mail Processing Department works to ensure that the donations, subscriptions, and product orders received through the mail are credited to BGEA Donor’s accounts. The department forwards any written requests on to the proper ministry area and ensures that the money received each day is deposited in the bank. They also enter contact information for those that attend various ministry events.
Distribution Services is located on the campus of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association headquarters and occupies approximately 15,000 sq.ft. in a fast-paced production and mail handling environment serving all ministry areas of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. BGEA Distribution Services provides multifaceted printing, mailing and order fulfillment services. Responsibilities also include shipping and receiving of materials, controlling larger quantities of inventory while supporting multiple ministry platforms.
The Donor Ministries Department at BGEA works to cultivate meaningful, long-term relationships with ministry supporters and to identify, develop and deepen new relationships with prospective donors. The goal of the department is to grow a strong base of support for decades to come. The department includes a core office staff and a regionally based field team who collectively serve the individuals, families and foundations that support BGEA with their gifts and prayers. Through special events, personal visits, and mailings, the field team shares the work, impact, and needs of the ministry with donors and prospective donors. In addition, Donor Ministries is responsible for all external mail programs, including direct mail, monthly prayer letter and ministry updates, and other educational and informational pieces. Another integral part of the department is the Billy Graham Christian Response Center (CRC). Staff daily respond to phone calls and email correspondence, providing ministry information and answering spiritual questions with biblical insight and direction.
The Facilities Department is a multi-discipline logistics and building services group. This department provides Landscape Services, Janitorial Services, Building Maintenance Services, and Special Event Services. Its goal is to provide a healthy and safe environment for staff, guests, and for the work of the ministry. The Facilities Department supports and empowers others to accomplish BGEA’s core mission of proclaiming the Gospel.
The Finance Team supports the mission of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association by handling all the essential financial functions of the organization. This Division includes five supporting areas: 1) Financial Operations handles corporate expense activities and personal reimbursements for ministry expenses; 2) Financial Reporting oversees the annual financial audit and primary financial reporting; 3) Financial Planning & Analysis coordinates the annual budget and assists ministry leaders with specific financial matters; 4) Purchasing & Travel handles the ministry’s travel and purchasing needs; and 5) Planned Giving Administration administers giving to the ministry from estates, trusts, and annuities.
The Food Services department seeks to provide a high-quality lunch for staff and their guests. Food Services seeks to do so while maintaining accountability to BGEA’s donors of good stewardship. Furthermore, this department services numerous breaks and in-house functions each week. It also prepares and serves food for special after-hours events. The goal of Food Services is to perform all of this while reflecting the love of Jesus to each guest as the opportunity to serve arises.
The Human Resources department mission is to demonstrate (proclaim) the Gospel of Jesus Christ in “what” it does for the ministry, the HR employees and their families and “how” they do it. They will also come alongside their employees to encourage, counsel and support them in their response to the Gospel of Jesus Christ in all they do.
The Information Technology (IT) Department at BGEA consists of the following areas: IT Operations (networking, routing, storage, server support, services provisioning, security cameras, phones), Helpdesk (desktop support, event support, mobile device support), Application Development and Support (Donor and Financial systems support, custom application development and support, report writing, Tableau data visualization), and Cyber Security (cyber security defense, awareness, monitoring and analysis, and compliance). The IT department furthers the mission of BGEA through supporting, developing, scaling, and securing the assets, infrastructure, and programs required by all areas of the ministry while maintaining and ensuring their availability.
The Legal Department exists to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ by providing legal services and counsel relating to the rights, obligations, privileges and interests of BGEA and its related organizations. We specialize in understanding BGEA and the various ways in which the law intersects with its activities, in order to seize opportunities while also managing risks.
Media Services and Internet Evangelism
Media Services and Internet Evangelism
The Media Services & Internet Evangelism division is the home to BGEA’s ministry production and distribution. This division includes: Video Media Services – the team that produces BGEA’s video programming and materials; Audio Media Services – the team that produces BGEA’s podcasts and awareness announcements, maintains the Billy Graham Audio Archives and the 24/7 stream of messages and programming for The Billy Graham Channel on SiriusXM satellite radio, and stays connected with BGEA’s radio station (Blue Ridge Broadcasting); Digital Media Services – the team that builds and maintains BGEA’s digital offerings, including the websites, the BGEA app, BGEA’s email platform and some of the key social media platforms; Media Archive Group – the team that maintains our photo and video archives and is responsible for photography at BGEA events; and Search for Jesus – the team that leads our Internet Evangelism ministry.
The Montreat Office served the ministry of both Billy and Ruth Graham through support and logistical operations, and with the close of the Minneapolis office some years ago, it has become the oldest continuous BGEA ministry location now into its sixth decade of existence. Since Mr. Graham’s death, the remaining purpose of this office continues through historical material preservation, processing, cataloguing, and transferring valuable artifacts, memorabilia, and ministry files to both the BG Library and the Graham Center Archives at Wheaton College. In addition, Montreat office personnel are charged with maintaining and securing local BGEA real estate holdings including the Graham home, property, roadways, and the office complex until decisions about the use of those assets are determined.
Rapid Response Team
Rapid Response Team
In response to major disasters, there are over 2,500 RRT crisis-trained chaplains in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia who stand ready to deploy to communities devastated by storms, shootings, floods and other tragedies, to offer emotional and spiritual care for survivors. These chaplains are trained to appropriately demonstrate the compassion and hope of Jesus Christ, who “heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds” (Psalm 147:3, ESV). RRT seeks to serve area churches by assisting them in building a biblically based follow-up process for new believers, many of which make a personal commitment to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior in the midst of their grief and loss. The RRT National Law Enforcement Ministry exists to offer support to men and women facing the emotional and spiritual challenges unique to law enforcement officers and their families.
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Security Department is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for employees and visitors on the premises of BGEA, and to protect all association property from theft and damage. To this end the department seeks first to prevent and then to mitigate the effects of man-made or natural disasters, and medical emergencies, as well as to have a physical presence onsite and to monitor the property at all times.
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association values the leadership, integrity, and commitment to excellence that you demonstrate having served in the military. Your familiarity with challenging conditions in developing countries, high performance teamwork, and a strong work ethic will help you have a career with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. We recognize and appreciate your strengths, which makes this organization a perfect fit for your civilian career. We are seeking committed Christians with a desire to serve Jesus Christ to join our team. We are looking for candidates with skills and experience in the following areas:
- Information Technology
- Chaplaincy experience
BGEA Military Support
- Military Appreciation Week – Billy Graham Library
- Hosted Veterans Day Breakfast/Dinner – Billy Graham Library
- 10 percent off Ruth’s Attic bookstore/Graham Brothers Dairy Bar café – Billy Graham Library
- Military Marriage Retreats at the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove: Complete Cove Experience resources are available at no cost for active-duty, Guard and Reserve service members; their spouses and Gold Star Wives. They may choose two events per year to attend absolutely free of charge, includes materials, meals and lodging – travel is responsibility of the applicant. Participants study Scripture with practical applications for the unique experiences of marriage while living the military life. (3 scheduled for 2020)
- Veterans serve as volunteers at the Billy Graham Library, for BGEA’s online ministry—Search for Jesus and as Billy Graham Rapid Response Team chaplains.
Gold Star Wives Retreats: Complete Cove Experience resources are available at no cost for Gold Star Wives, providing they have not remarried. Participants are widows of those who gave their lives while serving for our freedom. These retreats are a time of spiritual encouragement and growth. You may choose two events per year absolutely free of charge. Materials, meals and lodging are included, however travel is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Billy Graham Rapid Response Team Military Chaplain Retreat at The Cove
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Retirement plan
- Daily devotions
Check back this fall to apply for a BGEA internship in the summer of 2023.
Meet Our Interns
“I can say with full confidence that my internship with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association was the best experience of my life. There was really no expectation coming into the job, but I was blown away by the love and care shown to the group of interns. Leaders of the organization took time out of their busy schedule to meet with the whole intern group and interns individually. I feel so incredibly blessed by the Lord to have been placed at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. The wisdom I gained, habits I developed, and love I received were all invaluable to me, and I can pour into others better because of these experiences. There is truly no other way I would have rather spent the summer.
Government Relations Intern
“Life changing – that is the simplest way I can describe my internship experience at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. While working there, I found myself in an environment that required me to challenge the abilities that I already possessed while being adaptable enough to learn new skills. However, it was so much more than a simple internship. The internship was a time in which countless people invested in me, and it was filled with new experiences and exciting opportunities. I began lasting friendships and grew in my own personal faith. There were moments filled with tough decisions and pressing circumstances, but there was never a time that I lacked support.
Moody Bible Institute
“Leading up to my internship, I was so unsure of what I wanted to pursue in my future career. The internship program gave me hands on knowledge and experience that cannot be learned in the classroom. On top of that, my coworkers were exceedingly helpful in providing encouragement and wisdom. They genuinely cared for me and wanted to see me succeed, which was the greatest comfort. Because of my internship experience, I look forward to the path that the Lord has set before me. I know full well that He has prepared me to work in ministry and use my gifts to further His Gospel.
Library Promotions Intern
“Interning at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association was absolutely phenomenal. Not only was I able to grow and be challenged professionally, the internship showed me how my passions could aid a movement to spread the Gospel to the nations. Likewise, it was inspiring to see how every department within the organization worked as one cohesive unit to attain the organization’s core mission and vision.
Working at the Billy Graham Library’s communication department allowed me to work on real time projects like creating a marketing plan for the Library, or attending conferences to network with different tourism agencies—to collaborating on a social media project that would reach and audience of more than 390,000 people. Every moment was special, purpose driven, and most importantly kingdom minded—applying to intern at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association was one of the best decisions of my life.
Why intern with The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association?
Spending your summer working and learning at The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association affords you the opportunity to grow and develop professional skills at our headquarters, located in Charlotte, NC. Interns work directly alongside skilled Christian professionals who are experienced in the work of ministry with an organizational approach. Our interns learn to utilize ministry strategies and professional skills to advance current projects, all of which support the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ around the world.
When is the internship program offered?
The internship program runs for 10 weeks each summer.
Is there flexibility with the dates for the internship program?
No, interns will need to be available for the duration of the program.
Is this a paid internship?
Yes. We offer a competitive stipend to students who participate in the internship program.
Are there additional expenses covered?
Yes. Students will have the opportunity to live for free with a host family from BGEA. We also provide the students with a free lunch in our dining hall Monday through Friday.
How do you select candidates for your internship program?
We review all initial applications before inviting qualified candidates to apply to the subsequent portion of the application. After reviewing the full application, we conduct initial interviews with the most qualified candidates. We then recommend top candidates to the department hiring manager. The hiring manager will conduct additional interviews and make the final decision.
If a student is selected for BGEA’s internship program, how do they get to Charlotte?
The student must establish their own way to get to Charlotte, though we will reimburse a portion of the travel fees. We strongly encourage students to provide their own transportation during the program; however, accommodations can be arranged if this is not possible.
Who is eligible to participate in BGEA’s internship program?
Current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates, are eligible for the internship program.
What kinds of academic backgrounds are required for BGEA’s internship program?
Students with backgrounds in all fields of study are welcome to apply. The strongest applicants will be placed within the ministry in a position where they can learn and contribute in a way the Lord has gifted them.
How do I apply for the internship program?
You must complete The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association’s internship application. The application for the summer 2022 Internship Program will be available in the early fall of 2021.Apply here
Still have questions? Contact us here.
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association offers quality benefits as part of a total compensation package. These include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick pay. Other include group devotions, an on-site cafeteria and gym membership reimbursement.
Full-time United States Employee Benefits:
Paid Time Off
We recognize the need for personal time off, whether to rest and recharge or recover from illness, and offer substantial paid vacation, sick, and holiday time. Additional paid vacation is available based on years of service.
Daily Devotions & Prayer
We start each day with staff devotions and prayer. We pray for one another and also for staff and volunteers serving around the world with BGEA.
We want to invest in the future of our employees and offer a great 401(k) retirement savings plan that includes generous employer-matching benefits, upon eligibility.
Staff at our Headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, enjoy access to a convenient, fully staffed cafeteria that offers daily specials, grill items, soups, and a salad bar—all at a discounted price.
For qualifying positions, we offer relocation assistance to help with moving expenses to an employee’s new job location.
We offer generous health, dental, and vision insurance to qualifying staff. Benefits-eligible staff can take advantage of a convenient on-site medical clinic staffed by expert medical professionals at our Headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Why Live in Charlotte, North Carolina?
The Queen City offers the amenities of a larger city within close proximity to family-oriented communities. Situated between North Carolina’s mountains and beaches, Charlotte makes an ideal home base for exploring the state’s natural beauty. Our city is home to the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets, Charlotte Knights, NASCAR’s All-Star Race and PGA Tour event. Additionally, there are cultural arts, Carowinds amusement park and the U.S. National Whitewater Center.
Why Live in Asheville, North Carolina?
Asheville, North Carolina, offers striking views, crisp mountain air, outdoor adventure and nearby waterfalls. Asheville is home to the Biltmore Estate—a historic mansion with colorful gardens, a vibrant arts and crafts district, and is near the popular Blue Ridge Parkway.
Just 15 miles east, the charming and friendly town of Black Mountain features an old-fashioned general store, a town square with oversized rocking chairs and art galleries.
Are you ready to be used by God?
If you are looking for a way to touch lives with the hope of Jesus Christ, consider volunteering with one of our ministries.
The Search for Jesus team is training mature Christians to share the Gospel and mentor new believers through online chat, email and discipleship courses. Search for Jesus is also raising up prayer volunteers to intercede for this ministry and is partnering with churches to disciple new Christians. Get involved today.
Billy Graham Training Center
The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove is a unique setting, designed to provide training to people as they endeavor to fulfill the great commission. Volunteers support and enable our staff in many areas and play a key role in our ministry as they represent the Lord Jesus Christ and this ministry to thousands of visitors and guests who come to The Cove each year.
TV Telephone Ministry
Would you like to help lead people to Jesus Christ and play a vital role with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association? Then prayerfully consider being a part of BGEA’s TV Telephone Ministry. Get trained to answer phone calls and share the Gospel during TV broadcasts.
Billy Graham Library
The ministry of the Billy Graham Library touches and transforms lives every day. If you want to minister to people from around the world and enjoy working with others, join the team. Volunteers help ensure a friendly and spiritually enriching time for all Library guests.
Rapid Response Team
Do you have a compassionate heart? If you would like to help people whose lives have been torn apart by natural disasters or personal tragedies, you might want to volunteer as a chaplain. Find out about upcoming training opportunities.
Festivals & Crusades
Every Crusade event counts on believers from that city to serve as prayer counselors for those who respond to the Gospel. To find out more, click on the volunteer button below then click on a city to find specific volunteer opportunities.
What are all the ministries that fall under the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) and where are they located?
- BGEA’s ministries/locations include our international headquarters (Charlotte, N.C.); Billy Graham Library (Charlotte, N.C.); Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove (Black Mountain, N.C.); Blue Ridge Broadcasting—The Light FM (Black Mountain, N.C.)
- Click the “Apply” button at the top or bottom of each job posting. After completing the application, you’ll be prompted to create an account. This is necessary if you want to check the status of your application(s). Allow at least an hour to complete the application process. Be prepared to provide details regarding your experience, education, references and testimony.
- You will receive an auto-generated message when your resume and application are submitted successfully. If you’re invited for an interview, we’ll contact you directly via phone and/or email. Not all applicants are contacted for an interview. Open positions vary in the time it takes to fill as we place great emphasis on ministry and team fit, and are diligent to be prayerful in our search for the best-matched candidate. Status updates are not sent to applicants unless an interview has been scheduled or completed.
- We don’t use closing dates in our recruiting process. Positions are available to fill immediately (unless otherwise stated) and remain so until filled by the best-matched, qualified candidate.
- When a position is closed, the job listing is removed from our website and you’ll receive an email notification. If you participated in an interview with BGEA, you’ll be contacted one way or the other as soon as the hiring decision has been made.
- Our website is updated daily to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
If I’m interested in more than one position, do I need to submit my resume and application for each one?
- Yes, you need to apply for every position you are interested in. You may include one or more cover letters mentioning the position(s). Your information (resume and application) will remain active in our applicant database in the event new positions matching your interests and qualifications become available.
- Online job applications will always remain active and available to our recruiters. Please be sure to retain your login information during the application process.
- We receive several applications for a single position. In the course of a year, we receive several thousand new applications. We strive to make sure every qualified applicant is considered.
- We generally do not discuss salary until an applicant is invited to interview. At that time, we are glad to discuss a range for the position. It is strongly advised that applicants list a desired salary. This amount should be within your ability to consider the opportunity.
- Many of our domestic positions offer some relocation assistance. Our recruiter will discuss the details with you should you be interviewed.
- We don’t typically offer work-from-home or telecommuting opportunities with the exception of our Prayer Line employees. This position provides the opportunity to pray with callers over the phone and share the Gospel without leaving home.
- We seek Christians who have a vital relationship with Jesus Christ, an evangelistic heart and a sense of calling. We seek candidates with the appropriate skills and experience to succeed in the specific job and within the ministry. We place great emphasis on ministry and team fit, and are diligent to be prayerful in our search for the best-matched candidate.
- BGEA employs Christians from multiple denominations who agree with our Statement of Faith and who are called to carry on our mission to spread the Gospel to the ends of the earth. Everything we do at BGEA is directly or indirectly related to spreading the Gospel. Each employee is regarded as an ambassador of Jesus Christ in word and in deed.
- BGEA requires that applicants already have legal working status in the United States. We are not normally able to provide sponsorship for those seeking work visas or green cards.
- Associate staff are hired to fill temporary operating needs within the ministry. These positions are vital to the work of the ministry, but are short-term assignments or seasonal projects.
- When an associate assignment ends, you are welcome to apply for an open position in which you are qualified. While working as an associate does not guarantee consideration for other positions, it does offer you a chance to better understand the ministry work and gives us the opportunity to get to know you.
- For more information, visit the Volunteer section on our website.
- We share the same president and CEO, Franklin Graham, and also the same goals and objectives of spreading the Gospel to the ends of the earth. However, we are distinctly separate ministries. Please visit the Samaritan’s Purse website for more information and employment opportunities.
- Use our general email address: firstname.lastname@example.org