Bible Verses on Anxiety, Fear

By   •   January 18, 2015   •   Topics: ,

Billy Graham once said, “The Bible is not an option; it’s a necessity.” This is especially true in times of despair that can lead to anxiety and fear. These are a few of many Bible verses to refer to for peace and comfort.

“We can confidently say, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?’”
—Hebrews 13:6

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
—Philippians 4:6-7

“I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.”
—Psalm 34:4

“Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.”
—Psalm 42:5

“Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.”
—Matthew 6:34

“We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.”
—2 Corinthians 4:8-9

“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
—Psalm 23:1-6

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”
—1 Peter 5:5-7

“He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
—Revelation 21:4

You can have lasting peace. Find peace with God today.

1. Marty Baker says:

I really needed this. Thank you.

2. Cheryl says:

This is a prayer request. I have a situation in my life right now that has filled me with anxiety and fear. My great grandchildren have been taken my DCF. I am so fearful and trying to trust God in all this. I had custody of them before and cannot do it again. I do not want to enable my granddaughter. She must take responsibility for her situation. I am 72 years old and I feel that I have done my time. Please pray for us.

1. Deana says:

Cheryl I am praying for you and your family. I pray your family will be restored. In Jesus’ name amen

3. Melissa says:

My 19 year old son is battling terrible anxiety. He has been seeing a Christian counselor. It just started a few weeks ago and he can’t seem to cope. I went with him to the counselor this time and she feels that needs to go see a psychiatrist because she feels it goes deeper. I’m praying for him and I’m also having my own anxiety problems. He is a good young man. It breaks my heart to see him like this. Please pray for us.

1. Donna says:

Melissa, I am praying for you. My heart breaks for you and your son. I also have a 19-year-old son. They are far more vulnerable than they think. Don’t let go of God. I will pray for your family.

4. Melvin says:

I’m experiencing severe anxiety, and I thank GOD He guided me to find this site.

5. Molly says:

I suffer from a fear of cancer. It sounds ridiculous, but I have constant worry about it and it such a horrible feeling. I was recently baptized about a week ago, and I feel so ashamed of my little faith in Jesus Christ because I have this constant worry. I know the power of prayer is a wonderful thing and it’s extremely powerful. I would so greatly appreciate prayers for me. <3

6. Toni says:

I too suffer with constant anxiety. That physical feeling of a knot in your stomach all of the time. I read the verses that tell us to be anxious for nothing, but can’t get the word from my mind to my heart and feel peace. Surely, we are in the days of Noah and I’m praying for all of us here fighting these demonic spirits. God bless you.

7. Danielle says:

I am thankful to find this site. I have been having crippling anxiety. I’m trying to give everything to the Lord but it keeps coming back. Please pray for me. Thank you.

1. Susan says:

Hi Danielle. I too have been dealing with severe anxiety. I just wanted you to know you are not alone and that I have prayed for you. The more our fears keep coming back the harder we must pray and stay in God’s Word. But most importantly we must trust and believe and know that God hears us and He will deliver us. I know God directed me to this page for a reason. God bless you.

8. Kitty says:

I have an auto immune disease and every day I feel as if it’s my last. I have such fear, and I know that fear is from the devil. I believe God will deliver me and take this anxiety and give me peace. I believe He has healed my body and that He will also heal my mind. Please pray for me. I have been blessed by this ministry my whole life and thank God for you.

9. sheila darling says:

I am filled with anxiety. My family wants me to seek counseling. I am choosing to seek God.