Billy Graham’s Advent Devotion, Week 4: Christ Comes in Our Darkest Hour

By   •   December 17, 2016   •   Topics:

Are in the middle of your darkest hour? Billy Graham’s fourth Advent meditation focuses on the light of Christ.

Week Four: December 18–24

For this week heading into Christmas, read Luke 2:11, 13-14.

The greatest sermon ever preached was delivered by angels on this historic night. It has always been interesting to me that this message was delivered at night. It wasn’t night because the sun had gone down. It was night because the world was surrounded in spiritual and moral gloom.

People were driven by greed, intolerance and lust for power. Religion had become a device for the rich in the exploitation of the poor. Men robbed and swindled and profiteered under the cloak of religion; they even fought wars in the name of religion. In every arena of life, it was night when Jesus came.

Things haven’t changed. Today, there seems to be a moral night that has settled over our world—sexual immorality, pleasure-mad people, lusting for money and power—the same as it was in the days when Jesus came 2,000 years ago.

It is in the darkest hour that Christ often comes. He brings the joy, the thrill, the peace and the glory such as you have never known—when you and your loved ones give your lives to Him.

How has Jesus shown Himself to you in your darkest hour? Reflect on this for Christmas.

>> Read Week 1 of the Advent devotion

>> Read Week 2 of the Advent devotion

>> Read Week 3 of the Advent devotion

Have you given your life to Christ?

1. Dayle Gregory says:

I need Jesus in my life. I prayed tonite with Pastor Graham for the forgiveness of my sins. Pray for me thank you

2. Jessica Durham says:

God is our greatest leader! You never have to doubt Him! The Diety of God is the greatest gift a person can ever receive! Thank You God for coming down to this filthy earth and showing us that we can all be like you. And, come to God our Father only through You!

3. shapour pourpashang says:

I need your devotion

4. Linda Quayle says:

Thank you for sharing.

5. Rita S McShea says:

Thank you 😊 for your Christmas 🎄 message! Please pray for me. God bless you!
    Rita McShea

6. Becky says:

Thank you Billy Graham Ministries for your devotionals, magazines and television broadcasts over the past 40 or more years.I grew up in a denominational church and believed in Jesus, was baptized and confirmed. I strayed away from my faith in my teens and college years.I was watching a Billy Graham telecast in Sept. of 1980. The message by Rev. Graham really caught my attention that evening. I learned that you could ask Jesus to forgive all of my sins & receive Him as my personal savior that evening. I prayed with Rev. Graham at the end of the telecast to receive Jesus and became born again. Thank you for your message of salvation Mr. Graham and thank you to your son Franklin for carrying on in the ministry. God bless you & Merry Christmas.

7. Susan Barber says:

8. Susan Barber says:

Never knew that so many things happen at night

9. Sandy merriman says:

Really enjoyed this thanks

10. Arzenet T. Burnes says:

Thank you for sharing God’s word, peace and love.