Billy Graham’s Advent Devotion, Week 3: Sharing the True Christmas Message

By   •   December 14, 2017   •   Topics:

The live Nativity is always a favorite at Christmas at the Billy Graham Library.

Do you know people who need to hear about God’s love and forgiveness? Billy Graham’s third Advent meditation focuses on sharing the true Christmas message.

Week Three: Starting December 17

Read Luke 2:8-10—On that first Christmas night, the angels appeared to shepherds on a hill near Bethlehem. Alfred Edersheim, the great 19th-century Jewish-Christian scholar, wrote in his book The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah that the shepherds and the sheep to whom the angels appeared near Bethlehem were no ordinary shepherds and sheep.

The sheep were those bound for the temple sacrifices. The shepherds were outcasts because of their necessary isolation from religious ordinances. And their manner of life rendered legal observances unlikely, if not absolutely impossible.

How wonderful that in God’s wisdom and love the angels should appear to them—the doomed and the outcast—that night.

Today we can declare to the world that the Good Shepherd cares for all people and wants to give them peace. Christ came on that first Christmas for one great purpose—to die on the cross for our sins. Now God offers forgiveness, inner peace and eternal life to all who will repent and believe in His Son. This is the Christmas message!

Do you know people who need to hear about God’s love and forgiveness? Will you share the true Christmas message with them this year?

>> Read Week 1 of the Advent devotion

>> Read Week 2 of the Advent devotion

You can have peace today.

1. Benson mwangi says:

Happy to know that Christ died for me

2. Paula key says:

I always say to people, christian and non-christian i will pray for their situations. The non believers are usually very thankful. I hope they will accept and ask Jesus into their lives.

3. Melody Leffler says:

Thank you, Rev. Graham for these devotionals. I love the fact that, because God’s word is ALIVE, that no matter how many times I read these beautiful scriptures, I can always glean a new perspective! May God continue to bless you and your ministry!

4. Carol Werley says:

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior who gave His life for my sins and the sins of the world. Come soon Jesus.

5. Debbie says:

Thank you for the messages, this is what Christmas is all about. More grace for another fruitful years ahead in Jesus name……Merry Christmas!!!!

6. Monica Harper says:

I am saved and my grandmother brought me to Jesus, she is in heaven now watching over me. I just lost my cousin too, she was my only family in the area that I live in. She is also in heaven. I want to go to church, but every time I hear the songs my grandmother and I sang together I start crying. I miss her so much, she was my spiritual rock. I am all alone here, I have lost everything. My ex husband has taken everything from me. I pray all the time. I have a daughter, and that is what keeps me going. I just feel that god is so far away from me sometimes. I read my bible, and teach my daughter the bible too. I love Jesus, he is in my heart. I just have a lot of hurt and pain. I am all alone here, and my friends and family are elsewhere.

1. Pat says:

Monica, It is all right to miss your loved ones who have died. Even though we know they have gone to e with the Lord and can have faith in that fact, we still miss them here on earth. I feel that she would want you to find a group of Christians with whom you can worship and fellowship. I’ll pray for you and I’m sure caring Christians would also. God bless you. Continue praying and studying your Bible as you recall the happy memories with your loved ones and seek out that church where you can follow Jesus with other devoted Christians. God bless you and have a Merry Christmas!