Cissie Graham Lynch Follows in Family Footsteps at Inaugural Prayer Service

By   •   January 21, 2017

Cissie Graham shakes hands with President Donald Trump
Cissie Graham Lynch was among those who prayed Saturday at the 58th Presidential Inaugural Prayer Service at the Washington National Cathedral. Here she is greeted by President Donald Trump.

The word Cissie Graham Lynch kept coming back to was “honored.”

She was honored to be invited to participate in the 58th Presidential Inaugural Prayer Service on Saturday at the Washington National Cathedral. It was an important moment for her personally, but also one that continues a Graham family legacy. Her grandfather, Billy Graham, a pastor to many presidents, has prayed before in this service as has her father Franklin Graham.

“I’ve seen my grandfather do it. I’ve been there when my dad has spoken at the National Cathedral,” Cissie said. “I’m just honored, and I’ve told the Lord that if He opened up doors, I would go and proclaim the name of Jesus.”

Cissie was one of many individuals chosen to speak during the interfaith service held for the newly inaugurated President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence. Her appearance capped a week in which Cissie and her father both participated in inaugural activities. On Thursday, Cissie prayed in a Washington, D.C. prayer service, while Franklin Graham read Scripture during the official Inauguration Day ceremony on Friday.

>> Watch Cissie Graham Lynch Pray at the Presidential Inaugural Prayer Service

Cissie Graham Lynch standing behind podium at Washington National Cathedral
Cissie Graham Lynch offers prayer at the Inaugural Prayer Service, held at the historic Washington National Cathedral.

On Saturday, Cissie prayed passionately in the Name of Jesus, lifting His Name above every other name. She prayed:

Our Heavenly Father, we pray You start a fire in every heart, the true love of peace. And guide with Your wisdom those who take counsel for this country and the nations of the earth. That in peace, Your kingdom may increase until the earth is filled with the knowledge of Your love. Through Your Son Jesus Christ, our Lord, the Prince of Peace, the King of kings and the Lord of lords who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit—one God now and forever. In Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.

Franklin Graham, who watched Cissie pray from his seat in the Cathedral, later expressed his gratitude via social media.

“A privilege to attend,” he shared in one  Instagram post, followed by another that read, “Thankful my daughter Cissie Graham Lynch could be a part of the 2017 Presidential Inaugural Prayer Service.”

Please keep the United States of America in prayer during this time of transition.

Are you struggling to find peace?

Cissie Graham Lynch and her father Franklin Graham visit before the start of the 58th Presidential Inaugural Prayer Service on Saturday at Washington National Cathedral.

1. Sera Naitila says:

I am so blessed to read and very inspiration to my heart,my prayers for God to use her mightly in this nation for God’s glory.

2. Graham haylock says:

I was so thrilled to see on TV here in England the contributions of both Franklin and Cissie at the recent inauguration of President Trump. I became a Christian in 1962 through the ministry of Billy Graham, and am so thankful to God for the Graham family. For me, being a Christian , has been a wonderful thing for over 50 years, and has given to me the stability, direction and change in my life that only God could do through His Son and the Holy Spirit.

3. Joseph Lian says:

It was a blessing prayer at President inauguration Day on January 20,2017. Kindly, I am your prayer team. If, I have a chance, please allow me to see our Christians Father Rev. Billy Graham at this time in February 2017. Thank you. God bless.

Refugee Joseph.

4. Rosa Poole says:

Beautiful prayer. God bless You

5. Walter Shine says:

I was impressed by reading this article on Cissie Graham, a truly Godly woman. We are launching our Young Men’s Conference this fall. We will not only be leading our 18 to 25 year old Young Men but we be leading our Young Women the same age to Christ. Franklin did a great job of raising her.

6. Sharon stricken says:

If we as a nation stand together “under God” we will be victorious, but we need the lord always.

7. Cindy Craig says:

God has continued to use his faithful family to support our country and our government officials as he brings each official’s heart to their father. Thank you

8. Deryl Holliday says:

Thank you, Cissie. What a wonderful prayer for God to answer. I pray with you. May God guide you to step out in faith and do His will.

9. Matthew Evans says:

It pleased me to know our Lord is still able to be lifted up in the Commons of America, and that there are people with the unction and fire to continue doing so. Ty for your family’s ability to continue this legacy and never back down from the opportunity. People need to hear of God’s saving grace,love and mercy ,and to see that in action by true Christians. Today is the day of salvation, we aren’t guaranteed a tomorrow on this earth.TY!

10. Rosalee Blain-Robertson says:

What a moving Prayer from a Godly Young lady that has lived a life of loving, worshiping God her entire life! So full of love for the new President and all God’s people. So brave and sure of herself! Thank you Cissie and may God continue to use you for his service.