7 Ways to Find Hope for the Future

By   •   November 1, 2016   •   Topics:

“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” —Lamentations 3:22-23

Sometimes the world seems hopeless.

Maybe it’s because of the violence that creates a domino effect as one outburst after another erupts in this city or that. Maybe it’s the hardship we experience through illness, family conflict and money issues. Maybe it’s the messy political climate that leaves candidates and constituents alike entangled in disagreement.

Where’s all the good news?

“My hope does not rest in the affairs of this world,” Billy Graham once said. “It rests in Christ who is coming again.”

As followers of Jesus Christ, we know there’s hope beyond this life—a glorious hope of something more, something greater than anything we can imagine, with no more sorrow or pain.

And until then?

With so much suffering and discord dominating the headlines—and even our personal lives—we may miss all the good things happening around us. Yet every day, there are wonderful opportunities to see God at work in the world and to express our gratefulness for His protection and provision. The book of Lamentations says His mercies “are new every morning.”

Over the summer, people shared on the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Facebook page about things that have given them hope despite a global whirlwind of bad news.

Chrystal wrote about visiting her brother. They caught up on each other’s lives and shared a meal. “We had been estranged for quite some time,” she wrote, but after the visit, “all was forgotten, our sibling love for one another [is] stronger than ever now. He and I were both praying for reconciliation and the Lord heard our prayers and answered to the affirmative!”

Fern wrote about his 21-year-old daughter with special needs who just started coloring on her own. “It has taken 21 years and God is doing something new in her,” he wrote.

Others wrote about inspiring things they’ve seen others do.

Rachel Ann saw a mechanic offer help to a couple with a broken down truck. Patti was thrilled to see three children accept Christ during vacation Bible school. And another woman was asked by her 7-year-old son not to disturb his Bible study.

“He truly inspired me to start a children’s ministry, and he gave me the hope that other children can have a desire for spiritual things as well,” she wrote.

If you need hope today, check out the links below.

7 Ways to Find Hope

You might even choose one to focus on each day this week.

hope quote

Here at BGEA, we’re also finding hope through stories of strength, comfort and transformation.

How God Is Moving Through BGEA Ministries

BGEA has the privilege of witnessing God do amazing things around the world. Take a look at recent stories from various BGEA ministries, and ask God to show you how He’s working in your own life.

How about you? What are some things you’ve seen or experienced lately that gave you hope?

1. Linda Ferguson says:

Listening to a lady whom was my worse enemy and had stolen from me and on and on call me and say she has now turned her life over to the LORD!

2. April Mason says:

Thank God for this ministry. 🙏😇✝️

3. Joan Neutel says:

The number of people who have come out to witness your tour has given me hope that all is not lost. God Bless you all.

4. Dorothy Readler says:

By being kind and treating others with kindness and love, we can obtain oh so much more than we could imagine and the stress and strain before reaching out is lessening minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day. If each of us could just say I am sorry and I love you and I want to see reconciliation in our lives, we will be doing God’s will from the bottom of our hearts and sometimes we have to walk that second mile when asked to walk one and oh what joy fills my soul. With God, all things are possible and don’t you forget this. To see relationships restored and love and laughter. God is so good. I praise Him with each new day and new beginnings and He is there.

5. Sharon Duffy says:

On July 29th it rained here in Indiana. Afterwards my husband pointed out the rainbow to me and I snapped a picture of it. Haven’t noticed a rainbow in a long time. In addition we have bright sunflowers blooming in our yard. We didn’t even plant them…they sprouted up from seed scattered from the bird feeder. God’s beautiful handiwork gives me hope.

6. Bill Cornet says:

We thank God for you and Your Ministry carrying on Billy’s and God’s ministry…and His Word will not return void!
    God Bless as we continue to pray .

7. Linda says:

I have a son who when he was a baby was not Babtised as a baby. I wish I had done that for him but I was not understanding of this. He is now 40 years old and he has given me two beautiful Granddaughters that I love dearly. I have prayed many many time to God to show him he needs to make some changes in his life. I continue to pray and hope that he will be saved. Can I ask you to please pray for my son David. Thank you

8. Holly Heaton says:

God sent me to Mexico to reach out to woman and children. One such women was in need of 600 plus pasos to pay her electric bill. She offered her request up to God in prayer; and as she was walking home from a friend’s house, she found the exact amount on the ground. God met her desperate prayer!

9. N.Ohlson says:

Please pray for families with special needs that loving and forgiving will lead to healing.

10. Joan Neutel says:

Thank you for so many encouraging testimonies and prayers. Everyone should be viewing these to give them hope that everything will get better instead of worse.. Bless you all.