The Throne of Grace

By   •   December 8   •   Topics:

Earth illuminated

Praying is simply a two-way conversation between you and God. Thousands of people pray only when they are under great stress, or in danger, overcome by uncertainty. I have been in airplanes when an engine died; then people started praying. I have talked to soldiers who told me that they never prayed until they were in the midst of battle. There seems to be an instinct in man to pray in times of trouble. We know “there are no atheists in foxholes,” but the kind of Christianity that fails to reach into our everyday lives will never change the world. Develop the power of prayer. Man is more powerful when he is in prayer than when he is behind the most powerful guns. A nation is more powerful when it unites in earnest prayer to God than when its resources are channeled into defensive weapons. The answers to all our problems can be had through contact with almighty God.

My time spent in prayer with You, dear Lord, is the highlight of my day. To know You are waiting to have this communion humbles me. Yet You say I can come boldly—this I do now, knowing You hear me!

1. Joe says:

Thank you for being so kind to us Dear Lord.

2. Joe Loftis says:

God is ALWAYS available and accessible. Pray in good times and tough times. Read God’s Word for guidance and comfort. I am also very thankful for Billy Graham ministries that have glorified God throughout the world.

3. Gerry says:

I find tremendous peace and strength in my morning study and prayer time. The wise council offered by Billy and other fine teachers of the Word helps equip and prepare me for whatever the day offers. It is an essential quiet time to read and study God’s Holy Word and I highly recommend it to all.

1. Max says:

As do I Gerry. This is a wonderful habit. I also love reading your comments. God bless you.

4. Joyce Paul says:

Our LORD’S encouragement to us is clear; Always Pray and don’t give up! PRAYER CHANGES EVERYTHING! Praise The Lord!

5. Don Hoover says:

I am 73 and met Billy Graham when I was a in high school at Rift Valley Academy in Kenya. Dr. Billy made a great impression on me over the years through his love for Christ and passion to share Christ with the world. I have been a missionary in France, have pastored and now I teach the Word one on one to several men each week. Thanks Dr. Billy for the impression you left on me.

1. virginia chambers says:

WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE YOUR DEVOTIONALS ON COMPUTER AND RECEIVE YOUR DECISION MAGAZINE.

2. BGEA says:

Virginia, you can sign up to receive Decision magazine here: http://billygraham.org/decision-magazine/

6. Bob and Marjorie Hollembeak says:

I am 74 this year and I remember listening to the Billy Graham programs since I was a small child. I so appreciate the love of the Lord that has been shed into my heart listening to his leadership and teaching.

7. Gerry says:

How incredible that the God who created this entire universe is willing to listen to my humble prayers and cares deeply about what I have to say. Thank you so much Lord.

8. Joyce Paul says:

I trust in God, I know He cares for me, on mountain bleak or on stormy sea; Though billows roll,He keep my soul,My Heavenly Father watches over me. God Bless us all ! PRAISE LORD!!!

9. James Mitchell says:

Dec. 16th, I will be in surgery for my right hip replacement. All prayers are welcome. A Men. This is all new to me for it will be my first time having major surgery. In addition to God, it’s at a time like this that one finds out who their Christian friends are.
    Mr. Billy Graham, I grew up listening to you on radio and TV. You had a big hand in leading me to Christ.
    Keep up the good work. God Bless you and your family.

1. Audrey says:

Without prayer there is no power! Thank you Lord for teaching me to pray!!

2. Bob and Marjorie Hollembeak says:

we will be praying for you, James