Guests at the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove enjoy these butterscotch blondies and now you can, too. Serve these yummy bar cookies at your Fourth of July celebration.
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9” x 13” baking pan.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in evaporated milk and vanilla.
4. Mix in dry ingredients on low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and chopped nuts.
5. Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out almost clean.