Statement by Franklin Graham on the Death of Dr. Chuck Smith

By   •   October 3, 2013

Chuck Smith

Pastor Chuck Smith was my friend. He preached his last sermon from a wheelchair this past Sunday. Physical death ushered him into God’s presence for eternity on October 3, but his earthly ministry will be remembered as impacting generations since the 1960s. He taught the Bible from cover to cover—Genesis to Revelation—and verse by verse multiple times.  He believed the Word of God and lived by it.

For the last several decades when I traveled to southern California, Pastor Chuck always took time to share a meal with me and fellowship over what the Lord was doing.  I was with him this summer and had the privilege of preaching for him at his pastor’s conference and in a special crusade sponsored by Calvary Chapel in Costa Mesa.

He will be missed but for those who know Christ as Savior we have the same hope Chuck wrote about in his book, Comfort for Those Who Mourn, when he stated, “One day I will move out of my body and into God’s dwelling that Jesus has prepared for me—this is Living Hope.”  There is no greater comfort than to know that my friend’s incredible journey through life led him to Heaven.

Franklin-Graham-sig

Franklin Graham
President and CEO
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
Samaritan’s Purse

1. JoyJanElaine says:

Thankyou.

2. Ken says:

Pastor Chuck was a great light for our Lord Jesus Christ. He spoke the truth about Gods love in every aspect of his ministry. He brought me back to the Lord. What a great example of how we all should be in Christ Jesus. I love you pastor Chuck.

3. rowena says:

And his spirit return to God his Maker…

4. Donna says:

No other minister impacted my life as much as Pastor Chuck. He straightened up life long doctrinal confusion for me in the 70's by his sound teaching. He taught God's word and he lived God's word in a spirit of meekness and love.

5. Peggy says:

There will be many stars in Chuck Smith's crown.Praise the Lord for his earthly ministry.

6. veronica says:

I loved and still love TWFT. i would wake up at 5am Kenyan time to hear pastor Chuck him preaching and iI learnt a lot from him. We shall meet in heaven one day though we will physically miss him and his teachings

7. Justus Diang'a says:

Though dead the memory of what he did in the ministry lives in our hearts!

8. YO says:

What an impact this obedient son has had on mostly the Baby Boomers but through the years, many others as well. A faithful, kind, loving, Godly, unselfish, approachable servant of the most High God! He has finished well.

9. Olivia says:

Halleluyah in the highest,working for Jesus is the greatest thing we can ever do on earth becos He is ever busy building our home in Heaven.R.I.P Daddy.

10. Jared says:

I will miss him for sure i enjoyed every bit of his preachings and bible teachings for sure this world is not our home! He fought a good fight and won the race he has left a big gap which no man can fill and a legacy worth to remember – Jared (Kenya)