Franklin Graham Requests Prayer for His Father

By   •   December 10, 2013

BG birthday

My father turned 95 this past November 7, and I am pleased to say that my family was able to be with him as he celebrated another milestone in his long and productive life.   Joined by many colleagues and friends from around the nation and the world at this celebration, he spoke briefly of these friendships and did not fail to point people to the Lord Jesus Christ. This will forever be his legacy which is, as the Bible says, a testimony to the faithfulness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Since that night a few short weeks ago, he has had another bout with a respiratory infection and was hospitalized briefly before returning home to recuperate. He is extremely weak but his vitals are good.  Our family would appreciate your prayers for him that the Lord would strengthen him. He has been so encouraged by the release of his most recent book “The Reason for My Hope—Salvation” that he immediately began work on another book about a subject that he feels that God has laid on his heart. Only the Lord knows what is in store as we move forward in service to Him.

To all who have stood with us—some for sixty years—supporting us financially and undergirding through prayer, thank you for your faithful support.  We are encouraged with how God has blessed the proclamation of the Gospel through My Hope.  This evangelistic outreach will continue for the next five years as the Lord is using it so effectively in people’s hearts. We are thankful that He is touching hearts as tens of thousands have responded to the invitation to confess their sins and receive Christ as Savior.

We value your prayers—in fact, we depend on them. We find words of comfort and praise in the psalms, “Oh, bless our God…and make the voice of His praise to be heard, who keeps our soul among the living, and does not allow our feet to be moved. Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer” (Psalm 66:8-9, 16, 20 NKJV).

Franklin Graham Signature

Franklin Graham
December 10, 2013

1. Jamelle says:

I Am Praying for you Mr. Graham! I pray for God’s Holy angels to encamp about you. I pray for the power of The Holy Ghost to Comfort you. I pray You breathe him in and exhale him out. in the Mighty Name of JESUS!!!

2. cary bishop says:

Prayer for Rev Graham; he has been a leader of men to Christ ,i pray the lord continues to use him to reach others,his message helped me find Christ Years ago in
    South Bend Indiana.

3. Renee Harrison says:

I would like to express how much your fathers sermons have meant to me . He moves me to tears everytime I listen to his words . I am so inspired by him . He had truly been called by the lord to reach people . I am praying for him to be strong . I’m sure he will walk with Jesus and his beloved Ruth. He has truly touched my soul . Thank you for your time

4. Jane Baldwin says:

Praying for Dr. Graham. I have admired him greatly over the years and hope his journey on Earth does not end soon, but we all know it is in God’s hands. Sending love to he and the family.

5. Joyce D & Don Estes says:

I am praying for Rev Billy Graham because I believe that God has anointed him to be God’s messenger of the gospel. Rev. Graham has lived his beliefs and no matter the how he has been challenged, Billy Graham continued his devoted service to his God and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May God hold him. Amen

6. Kaye Martin says:

My prayers and thoughts are with Brother Graham and with all of you! I went to one of brother Grahams meetings when I was 15 years old in Louisville Kentucky. I am 61 now and I will never forget what a influence that visit meant to me. I will always have Brother Graham and his family in my prayers. Love to all!

7. Carol Bowers says:

Prayers from here for Billy Graham — if God plans for him to finish his next book, He will allow it! Blessings for good days ahead and strength and peace. God bless, Carol Bowers

8. Kathy Loe Elam says:

As long as I can remember, I watched Billy Graham with my grandmother. Her faith in daily life, her daily Bible study, and commitment to Billy Graham revivals impacted my life greatly! I still am blessed by Billy Graham’s Godly walk and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ! Praying for Dr. Graham as The Lord continues to use him on this earth! P.S. I also have many memories of George Beverly Shea!

9. Nancy Spencer Jones says:

God be with you and your family Brother Billy, as we all keep you in prayer, for healing and encouragement as you begin to write another book. Thank you for the blessing of your faithfulness
    in your service to our King. I love you in His matchless name. MERRY CHRISTMAS, Nancy

10. Adam says:

I will do just that. I will pray that our Lord will be with this might warrior who had fought for so long. He has truly been an inspiration to me, in the short time I got to learn about him, and I’m sure many others have been blessed by this man’s spirit for our Lord.