Franklin Graham Requests Prayer for His Father

By   •   December 10, 2013

BG birthday

My father turned 95 this past November 7, and I am pleased to say that my family was able to be with him as he celebrated another milestone in his long and productive life.   Joined by many colleagues and friends from around the nation and the world at this celebration, he spoke briefly of these friendships and did not fail to point people to the Lord Jesus Christ. This will forever be his legacy which is, as the Bible says, a testimony to the faithfulness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Since that night a few short weeks ago, he has had another bout with a respiratory infection and was hospitalized briefly before returning home to recuperate. He is extremely weak but his vitals are good.  Our family would appreciate your prayers for him that the Lord would strengthen him. He has been so encouraged by the release of his most recent book “The Reason for My Hope—Salvation” that he immediately began work on another book about a subject that he feels that God has laid on his heart. Only the Lord knows what is in store as we move forward in service to Him.

To all who have stood with us—some for sixty years—supporting us financially and undergirding through prayer, thank you for your faithful support.  We are encouraged with how God has blessed the proclamation of the Gospel through My Hope.  This evangelistic outreach will continue for the next five years as the Lord is using it so effectively in people’s hearts. We are thankful that He is touching hearts as tens of thousands have responded to the invitation to confess their sins and receive Christ as Savior.

We value your prayers—in fact, we depend on them. We find words of comfort and praise in the psalms, “Oh, bless our God…and make the voice of His praise to be heard, who keeps our soul among the living, and does not allow our feet to be moved. Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer” (Psalm 66:8-9, 16, 20 NKJV).

Franklin Graham Signature

Franklin Graham
December 10, 2013

1. Jackie McLean says:

My love and prayers are with Dr. Graham and his entire family. What a blessing he’s been in my life.

2. elisabet garcia says:

♡ In my thoughts & prayers! ♡

3. Mary says:

Oh Lord, strengthen Mr. Graham: your faithful servant.

4. suzanne says:

My prayers are with Billy Graham and all of the family. God be with all of you.

5. James Clary says:

My six-year old prays for you almost every night and prayed for My Hope every night. She recently asked me, “daddy, do you know who the third person I want to see when I get to heaven is?” I responded, “Billy Graham?” She said. “Yep! You really do know me so well”

All of eternity thanks you for answering His call on your life and using the gifts He gave you to grow it!

6. Rae Flatters says:

Will be praying for Billy Graham and the family at this time. It was through The ministry of Billy Graham I came to Christ in the Australia ’59 crusade.

7. Karen Anne Saylor says:

I am praying for Billy Graham to make a full recovery. I am so blessed to know the Lord through Billy Graham. I love Billy Graham and will keep him in my prayers always. May God Bless Billy Graham.

8. m s says:

love you both! you’ve both done so much great stuff for the world. here’s praying that billy graham will reach 100 and get to finish that book.

9. d-d says:

God has blessed your family with a wonderful spirit-filled Christian man… an exemplary model of a true Christian. I know that God will continue to bless him and give him the grace he needs to carry on. Reverend Graham and all of your family is in my prayers and I ask you to pray for my brother who is battling cancer. I can surely appreciate your statement of Truth: “Only God knows what is in store” for all of us. His Will Be Done…
    God Bless.

10. Paul Kaylor says:

I have watched and have listened to Mr Graham since I was 5 I’m now 50. Such a man for Christ!
    I love Billy and have been praying and will continue to pray for him as i ask my savior Jesus Christ to lift Mr Grahams spirit And to strengthen him physically as well as emotionally. We love you as well Franklin as is so with everyone in the Billy Graham ministry.
    Thank you Christ for billy and think you Christ Jesus for every thing.

All hope is in Christ Jesus who strengthens me in all ways.