Billy Graham’s My Answer

By   •   March 26, 2014

born again

Q:

A friend of mine talks a lot about being a born-again Christian. I’m not sure exactly what she means. What is your definition of a born-again Christian?

A:

A born-again Christian is someone who has repented of their sins and turned to Christ for their salvation, and as a result has become part of God’s family forever. All this takes place as God’s Spirit works in our lives.

You see, by nature we aren’t members of God’s family, and we don’t have any right to inherit eternal life. The reason is because of our sin. We have rebelled against God, and because of that, the Bible says, we are “separated from the life of God … due to the hardening of (our) hearts” (Ephesians 4:18). No, you may not see yourself as a bad person (and you probably aren’t)—but in God’s eyes even one sin is enough to keep you out of heaven.

But Jesus Christ came to save us and to make us part of His family forever! He did this by dying for our sins on the cross and by conquering death through His resurrection. You see, as a human being you were born into a family—and nothing can ever change that. But when we come to Christ we are spiritually reborn into another family—the family of God. The Bible says to Christ’s followers, “You have been born again … through the living and enduring word of God” (1 Peter 1:23).

My prayer is that you too may be born again and become part of God’s family. By a simple prayer of faith, tell God that you know you are a sinner, and you are sorry for your sins. Then ask Christ to come into your life and save you. When you do, God will come to live within you by His Spirit, and you will be born again.

Have you been born again? Click here to find out how

Billy Graham’s Daily Devotional: Jesus is Coming

1. sirily mtui says:

god is greater , than anything

2. Darlene Lindley says:

I watched Billy Graham on TV over 40 years and not one time did I wish I had watched something else!! He is such an inspiration to the world! I “Thank the Lord” for putting HIS heart in Billy Grahams Mission of life!!

3. somalley RN says:

So many have hoped for so long that we sometimes stumble and fall, but saved by his grace and mercy, have believed all our lives, but are worn out, despite prayers…pray for us weak and waiting

4. Jose says:

I’m a born again Christian but there are times that I stumble and go back roan old habit, I then feel guilty and ask myself why do I allow myself to do what I know is wrong!

5. Karen says:

I walk with my Lord every day and He has forgiven me. In my eyes however I am horrible, hateful, jealous, drunk, gossiper,
    selfish and hurtful. (Just a start) I beg for forgiveness and He always does, but the second he can satan always attacks again. Does it ever stop.

1. somalley RN says:

DEAR ONE, YOU ARE SAVED , NOT BY WORKS, OR PERFECTION, BUT BY GRACE

6. Wellman clarke-okah says:

Can sin nullify ur being born again?

1. Chris says:

By no means- he didn’t die for all your sins “up until you met Jesus” lol. That wouldn’t even make sense.. Jesus died for you before you ever messed up- he’s not surprised when you mess up- Jesus’s act put you in right standing with God.

7. teju says:

I’m blessed

8. richard kohnke says:

I may never have the chance to see Mr Graham in person now. But thanks to GOD for sending his son. Thank you Lord JESUS CHRIST.But thanks for parents that take their kids to church they are blessed