Billy Graham: Who is the Son of God?

By   •   February 28, 2014

Billy Graham

“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’” —John 14:6

“The Bible teaches that God is actually three Persons. This is a mystery that we will never be able to understand. The Bible does not teach that there are three Gods—but that there is one God. This one God, however, is expressed in three Persons … God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

“The Second Person of this Trinity is God’s Son, Jesus Christ. He is co-equal with God the Father. He was not a Son of God but the Son of God. He is the Eternal Son of God—the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, God manifested in the flesh, the living Savior.

“… He came to reveal God to men. He told us that God loves us and is interested in our lives. He told us of the mercy and long-suffering and grace of God. He promised life everlasting.

“But more than that, Jesus Christ partook of flesh and blood in order that He might die. … The very purpose of Christ’s coming into the world was that He might offer up His life as a sacrifice for the sins of men. He came to die.

“… Every word that He spoke was historically true. Every word that He spoke was scientifically true. Every word that He spoke was ethically true. There were no loopholes in the moral conceptions and statements of Jesus Christ.”

—Billy Graham, Peace With God © 1984, Billy Graham

To begin a relationship with Christ or to find out more, click here.

More About the Son of God from Billy Graham:

Billy Graham’s Daily Devotion: Whose Son is He?

Billy Graham’s My Answer: What difference does it make?

Billy Graham on Jesus: He was born to be King

Billy Graham’s My Answer: I believe in God, but where does Jesus fit in?

Billy Graham’s Daily Devotion: Jesus: The Most Unique Person

Billy Graham on Jesus’ Death on a Cross: Son of God: The Suffering Savior

Read and Share on Social Media: Who is the Son of God?

1. Jim McDonald says:

I first saw Billy Graham on TV in 1950. He made the message of Jesus & salvation only through Him very clear to me. 1 John 5:11-13 makes it clear that a person can know that he or she has eternal life. Billy Graham has always clearly presented Jesus as our only Savior from sin; and the need for each Christian to be reading His Word Daily. God does speak to us through it as we read and study it.

2. Thorwald Johansen says:

The Isaiah 44:6 teaches us, that ‘GOD’ only consists of TWO FIGURES (The Lord God Almighty and Jesus as Lord of Hosts). The ‘so-called’ Trinity, DOES NOT include Jesus. Jesus is the ‘first born’ of all creation. The SON of the Trinity, is The Lord God Almighty, who has been ‘thrown out’ of His rightful position, and replaced by His ‘invisible to man’ Father. Read John 5:37, 1 Timothy 6:16, and Revelation 1:6 (KJV Bible). Man has seen The Lord God Almighty and Jesus Christ, and heard their voices. No Man has EVER seen The Father in The Trinity, nor heard His voice, AT ANY TIME.

3. Wade Custer says:

I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior when I was much younger than I am today. I am still in awe and amazed that God loved us enough to sacrifice his only son to save us. What incredible love that is.

4. Jesse Plant says:

Mr. Grahams explanations of the actions that our God has taken, provides a very peaceful us a very readelly peacefull understanding to our Lords word.

5. Eugennie says:

Before I read your email, I was thinking that the greatest intellectual accomplishment for any man is to acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. That is the beginning of real living. He comes to give us life abundantly here and in the hereafter. Rev. Graham I see you as the greatest Evangelist of our time. May God continue to bless you and spare you all the discomforts of old age.
    Your sister in Christ Eugennie.

6. Sylvia A. Thomas says:

I have followed Billy Graham since the 1950′s in a tent with sawdust on the ground in Atlanta, Georgia!!! I walked forward, even though I considered myself saved. I sang in the Choir, when I was in High School, twice maybe three times. Every time he came to Atlanta I have gone to see him except once. I’ve always watched on TV. When Billy Graham came here in approximately 1974, plus or minus a year or two, my son went forward. So, I consider Billy Graham my Mentor. Thank you Billy Graham for helping me stay on the right path all these many years. I am now 77 years old and my son is 50.
    Sylvia in Sugar Hill

7. Roger says:

God bless! Keep them coming.

8. Ben Reeves says:

The best part of waking up will be Jesus in our midst–not the smell of coffee brewing. All Glory and Praise be to God who has saved us and redeemed us. Amen!

9. Victor Landig says:

Amen!

10. daniel says:

I’m so blessed for a nice message