Billy Graham Offers His Support to Chick-fil-A

By   •   July 26, 2012

“I want to express my support for my good friends Truett Cathy and his son Dan Cathy, and for their strong stand for the Christian faith. I’ve known their family for many years and have watched them grow Chick-fil-A into one of the best businesses in America while never compromising their values. Chick-fil-A serves each of its customers with excellence, and treats everyone like a neighbor. It’s easy to see why Chick-fil-A has become so popular across America.

Each generation faces different issues and challenges, but our standard must always be measured by God’s word. I appreciate the Cathy family’s public support for God’s definition of marriage.

I also appreciate Governor Mike Huckabee’s leadership and for encouraging Americans to support Chick-fil-A on August 1. As the son of a dairy farmer who milked many a cow, I plan to “Eat Mor Chikin” and show my support by visiting Chick-fil-A next Wednesday.

Billy Graham is a strong advocate for the biblical definition of marriage and recently stated his public support for the marriage amendment in his home state of North Carolina, which voters resoundingly passed on May 8.

1. margo says:

the union between two pwople should be a man and wife and I truly support, the biblical principals as true doctrine set in place for us to follow. not a matter of preference. God bless his word. thank you.

2. Vicki says:

I am thankful that there are men who are not afraid to stand up and express to America that it matters what God thinks. Thank you so much, Dr. Graham and Mr. Cathy. :-)

3. Nitin says:

Praise God that he has empowered his people to stand by truth and against the evil world

4. Esther says:

I appreciate your standing with Chick-Fil-A. Thank you God for the true sons and daughters. and you are one Dr. Graham.

5. Theresa says:

AMEN ! Thank you Dr.Billy Graham and the Cathy family for taking this stand on our Morals in this country. God has given HIS WORD and has spoken it through you. God Bless you. I will be eating Chick-fil-a for lunch as well.:-).

6. Kathy says:

Dr. Graham, we need more godly men like you to get our Nation back on track supporting “Family Values”. Thank you so much for all you have done in your ministry. You are a “REAL EVANGELIST”.

7. mary says:

We have to support companys like Chick-fil-A or we are doomed as a Christian country. We must elect Christian men and women to be our leaders. How much longer is God going to put up with this???

8. daniel says:

I appreciate the continued support of Dr,. Graham, helping to strengthen Christian positions in our society such as Christian marriage. It is not a equal rights issue , but a moral one.

9. Jane says:

Kudos to Mr. Graham and Governor Huckabee for taking a stance on Christian values and their support for Chik-fil-a. God's word is everlasting. God Bless You All!

10. Pamela says:

Thanks for standing up for God's Word concerning marriage being only between a man and woman.