Billy Graham Named Among Gallup’s ‘Most Admired’ for 57th Time

By   •   December 30, 2013

Billy Graham at home

Billy Graham has once again been named by Americans as one of the most admired people in the world.

It’s an honor the 95-year-old evangelist has held 57 times in the 67 years the annual Gallup poll has been conducted.

Mr. Graham first appeared on the list in 1955. Since then, he has been named among the top 10 most admired men a record number of times.

According to Gallup, each year, American adults are surveyed by phone and asked to answer an open-ended question about which person in the world they admire most. This year’s survey took place Dec. 5-8 and polled 1,031 Americans.

President Barack Obama took the top spot, with 16 percent of those polled naming him as “most admired.” The sitting president has held the No. 1 position for 57 of the last 67 years.

Former President George W. Bush and Pope Francis were tied for the No. 2 spot. Mr. Graham and former President Bill Clinton were next on the list.

Hillary Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Obama and Sarah Palin topped this year’s list of most admired women.

While Mr. Graham holds the record for most appearances on the “most admired men” list, Queen Elizabeth II holds the record for most appearances on the women’s list, with 46 top 10 finishes since 1948.

Mr. Graham turned 95 on Nov. 7, the same day his latest video message, The Cross, aired on nationwide television.

The 30-minute video, which is still available online and on DVD, is the flagship video in a series of new messages that are part of the nationwide movement, My Hope America with Billy Graham.

The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association enlisted the help of young believers including rapper Lecrae, singer Lacey Sturm and professional football player David Tyree, all of whom joined Mr. Graham in explaining the Gospel to people across North America.

“With all my heart, I want to leave you with the truth,” Mr. Graham told millions of viewers who watched The Cross.

The “pastor to presidents” says he has wept for the United States and prays continually for Americans to repent of their sin and put their faith and hope in Jesus Christ.

1. Ktherin Jennings says:

Dr Billy Graham IS the most admired person on my list every day God Bless You and thank you for your teaching in my life and the worlds.

2. ROBERTA AYER says:

BILLY GRAHAM HAS MY VOTE ALSO. AND HE ALWAYS GIVES THE GLORY TO GOD!

3. Maxine says:

Dr. Graham is the most influential preacher I have ever heard. He has been pastor to presidents through the ages. He is one of the most respected men of all time but above all that he is a christian God fearing, God worshipping man. He has prayed for people all over the world, nations, and prays an eloquent prayer. But most of all he praises God and speaks the word of THE GOD of my GOD.

4. Kashia Hutson says:

5. Pat says:

We all love you Dr. Graham for all you have done for the world…as well as well as our U

We have all been blessed soo by you and your wonderful family. We also loved your Ruth as she was so very special ! God Bless you and God please bless the U.S.A.!!!!

6. victor says:

GOD bless you

7. victor says:

GOD has used him to bless nations and touch life ‘”Billy Graham””

8. Rev. Roland Farley Smith, Sr. says:

I am thrilled to hearn that my icon has been selected again as one of the ten most admired persons in the world. Dr. Graham and his ministry are the source of inspiration to me and my famil. His works have been a source of strength to my walk with Christ.
    May God continue to add years to the exemplaary life of this great man of God.

9. JENNY says:

I THANK GOD FOR YOU REV. GRAHAM , YOU ARE TRULY A GIFT FROM HIM. HOW BLESSED WE
    ARE TO HAVE SUCH A MAN OF GOD TO MINISTER TO US AS YOU DO. YOU ARE LIVING PROOF
    THAT GOD LOVES US BY GIVING US SUCH A FAITHFUL AND LOVING MINISTER.

10. Dianne Hiscox says:

I bought Mr. Graham’s book ‘The Reason for my Hope”. I wish to thank Mr. Graham for writing this much need book. It has blessed me more than I can say. I thank the Lord with all my heart for having annointed Mr. Graham in such a unique manner about salvation.