The Only Hope is Christ

By   •   February 24, 2011   •   Topics: ,

World history centers around Israel. As news unfolds, now and in the future, the key nation to watch is not the U.S. or China, but Israel. The Bible says, “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem” (Psalm 122:6, NIV).

In recent weeks, we’ve seen political upheaval spread through Arab countries of the Middle East. Regardless of the short-term outcome in each place, underlying all of this conflict is radical Islam. Much of this effort, publicly or secretly, is under the banner of the Muslim Brotherhood, an organization that was founded in Egypt decades ago and has been active in many countries ever since, including the United States. Its two most basic goals are to replace governments and constitutions in order to bring nations under Sharia law, and to destroy Israel and drive Jews into the sea.

The political turmoil we have witnessed in Egypt could eventually result in the Muslim Brotherhood coming to power there. A leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, speaking a few days ago to the Arabic-language news media, said that under any new Egyptian government, “the people should be prepared for war against Israel.”

Whatever happens, the Bible tells us the ultimate outcome. “The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person, declares: ‘I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. … On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem'” (Zechariah 12:1–2, 9).

The Bible also declares that the last battle of history will be fought on the plains of Armageddon in northern Israel when the nations of the world fight against the Lord. My friend, these things are coming.

Before then, there will be tribulation–the Great Tribulation. There will be a one-world monetary system where people must receive the mark of the beast on their right hand or forehead. People will not be able to buy or sell or trade without this mark. Already today, many people in this country, Europe, and other countries around the world want to develop a unified worldwide monetary system. According to reports in the New York Times, even the pope has suggested that an answer to international economic upheaval would be to establish a “true world political authority” with power to regulate the global economy.

In the midst of all this, what are we to do? Dig a hole and hide? Throw up our hands and quit? No. We are to take the Gospel to people everywhere. The Gospel is the only message that can save. The Bible says, “With the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. … Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:10, 13, NASB). All people are sinners, and all sinners are doomed to judgment. But God doesn’t want anyone to perish (see 2 Peter 3:9). He wants people saved from a judgment that leads to everlasting torment.

The Gospel is the “power of God for salvation” (Romans 1:16). It is a spiritual atomic bomb that destroys the power of sin. This is incredibly good news–salvation is available to all who commit themselves to the Lord Jesus, believing that He died for our sin, shed His blood on the cross, was buried in the grave, rose to life on the third day, and gives us eternal life with Him. This is our hope.

That is the message we are proclaiming in cities across North America this year from the Jersey Shore to Southern California, and from the Colorado Rockies to the Great Lakes to the Great Plains of Manitoba. It is what we will also proclaim in cities of Asia and Europe and Africa.

I will preach March 25–27 at a Crusade in Liberia, a West African country that has had strong historic ties to the United States going back a century and a half. Over the last 20 years, Liberia endured two ruinous civil wars fueled by ethnic and political rivalries, devastating the country. The nation is just beginning to recover, and people are very open to the Good News about Jesus Christ. Pray that the life-changing hope of the Gospel will penetrate many hearts.

People see nations torn apart by war, the Middle East in turmoil, and our own country struggling with massive economic and social problems. The only hope for each and every person is Christ.

We need your prayers and your support as we take the Gospel to the men and women of our generation and to the young people of the next generation. This is urgent work. People are dying every day without Him. Let’s not allow evil to triumph; let’s not give up striving to make Christ known.

Thank you for standing with us. I won’t give up. Satan is the author of confusion and destruction, but our God is “mighty to save” (Isaiah 63:1).

Franklin Graham

Help Spread the Gospel

You gift can help BGEA spread the Gospel through every available means and to every nation. Donate online today to support Festivals or other ministries.

1. Brandy says:

Hello, in need of prayer for salvation for my step dad Corkey, and my sister Mickey. Their belief systems are pretty distorted. I really don't want to go to heaven without them. I know God created them with a pan and a purpose. I know He loves them. Please pray that God would send them faithful Christians friends that will pray for them, encourage them. and never give up on them. Thank you. (We would like to pray and provide some encouragement. Please call 1-877-247-2426 to talk and pray with someone. There are people here who care. Or, you can send a private email to help@bgea.org. We will continue to keep you in prayer. The BGEA Internet team.)

2. ANOYMOUS says:

PRAY FOR MY FAMILY PLEASE. (We would like to pray and provide some encouragement. Please call 1-877-247-2426 to talk and pray with someone. There are people here who care. Or, you can send a private email to help@bgea.org. We will continue to keep you in prayer. The BGEA Internet team.)

3. Jake says:

We've been given the signs: earthquakes (including the one recently in Japan), wars and rumors of wars, and a continuing corruption of society. I'm currently an exchange student in Germany from the US. I can't even begin to describe the amount of people that don't have God in their lives. It's only getting worse. The only hope is through Jesus Christ who died on the cross so WE could have life! The end is more near than ever, so let's give our hearts completely up.

4. Eric says:

Man's attempts to remedy his social and econo-mic woes are feeble, at best, and only scratch the surface. As a result, the same woes return or are made worse. Like weeds, man's woes must be completely uprooted, then destroyed. Jesus is our sole remedy and our soul's remedy. Unless we turn to Him, there is no hope.

5. Lillian says:

Praying for Israel….Even so Lord Jesus come!!

6. BINAH says:

THIS IS VERY INTERESTING AND TOUCHING TO FIND OUT HOW YOU HAVE THE DESIRE FOR MANY TO COME TO THE LORD JESUS. IT IS THE LORD WHO GRANTS MAN A REPENTANT HEART AND I M SURE AS WE PARTNER IN PRAYER FOR THE STRAYING, THE LORD WILL SUPPLY THEM THE GRACE THAT BRINGS THIS SALVATION. (PRAYER REQUEST-PRAY FOR ME THAT THE LORD WILL RESTORE TO ME THE PASSION THAT I HAD INITIALLY IN WITNESSING TO THE LOST-I REAL NEED TO BE RESTORED BECAUSE I KNOW THE LORD HAS GIVEN ME WHAT IT TAKES TO BE EFFECTIVE IN REACHING OUT THE LOST. AMEN) Binah, We would like to pray and provide some encouragement. Please call 1-877-247-2426 to talk and pray with someone. There are people here who care. Or, you can send a private email to help@bgea.org. We will continue to keep you in prayer. The BGEA Internet team.

7. Billy says:

God Bless you for doing what you do, and I am praying for you. It is so true that Jesus Christ is the one and only hope for this world. But I belive that we may be on the verge of a revival. I can feel the Holy Spirit moving greatly in my young generation, and I can see it moving in others too. Please join me in praying for a great revival and the peace of Jerusalem. May God Bless all of you.

8. Bible Hawk says:

Mr. Graham, I thank you so much for your clear insight. The Gospel of the LORD Jesus is the ONLY hope in the world. It is a shame that none of our current leaders or in the past would openly bow the knee in public submission in times like these and invoke all citizens to pray for Jerusalem, Israel, our nation and its leaders, our states, cities and neighborhoods and our families. For we have arrived at a time of global tension that is utterly beyond the intelligence and reason of mankind. “God, our Father, Father of our LORD Jesus, I come before You, the only Living and Sovereign God, our world is in turmoil, western society seems at the brink of destruction. I pray for all believers in the LORD Jesus Christ, I ask You sovereign LORD to forgive us because our greed has been exposed, our wars seem to bring no needful change and solutions for the hearts of men, there is overwhelming corruption on every level, and most of all in my sinful heart. I ask that You sovereign LORD would forgive our cursings and criticisms of You, Your church, one another and how we treat one another. It seems the more we have tried to push You our only help from our lives our problems have only exasterbated. Forgive us, we need Your help LORD Jesus. Only in You can we know God and experience peace from God. I thank You Almighty Sovereign.

9. Butch says:

Brother Franklin; please know as an evangelist myself, I sincerely pray for you and the people to whom OUR LORD has given you opportunity to extend the Glorious Gospel to..Please pray for me that God would open doors and ways for me to reach souls for Christ also..your brother in Christ..

10. Lori says:

Praying fervently with you and many faithful saints. May God continue to open many doors for the gospel message and many hearts to receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, our only Hope!!!