Encouragement for the Unemployed

By   •   August 27, 2010   •   Topics: ,

Many people struggle with feeling useless and hopeless after a job loss–especially an extended one. But, as Mr. Graham says, “God has not forgotten you. He knows all about you, and He cares about you and wants to help you.”

Read more from Mr. Graham:

I urge you to turn to Him and commit this problem–and your whole life–into Christ’s hands. Right now you may be wondering if God loves you–but He does, and the proof is that He was willing to send His only Son into the world to die for you.

One of the Bible’s greatest promises is found in Psalm 34:18: “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Pause right now and thank Him for this truth, and for His love for you.

Then ask God to show you the next step He wants you to take. Perhaps He wants you to renew your search for a job; perhaps He wants you to enroll in a job retraining program. Or perhaps He wants you to use the time you have right now to help others–volunteering in a local food bank, for example, or working in a community program through your church.

In addition, let this be a time when you grow closer to your family–and to God. In other words, see this time not only as a problem, but also as an opportunity–an opportunity to grow in your relationships with others and with God. If you do, once this time of unemployment is over you’ll be able to look back and thank God for being with you, even in the midst of life’s hard times.

Jesus does know what you are going through. He knew what it was to be poor, and even homeless. On one occasion, He said, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head” (Luke 9:58).

He understands your fears and your heartaches, because He experienced them in His own life. And that’s why you can turn to Him for the strength you need to face the future with hope.

Do YOU long to know the love of your Heavenly Father?

Follow the Step to Peace online to learn more.

1. Barnes says:

Even at my lowest times, I keep Jesus close to me.

2. Arnold Baxter says:

Thank you Mr. Graham for those. Encouraging. words. I am going through some troubles with job situation. at the. Moment.

3. Kimberly Corley says:

Thank you for this word of encouragement. Please pray with me for God to open doors for both me and my friend Lea who is also out of work.

4. Steve says:

Been out of work for 15 months now and being over 50 and not having a college degree even though I can do the job of a college graduate has left me realizing

5. Reed says:

I just want to encourage everyone that is going through this difficult storm in their life. I would like to give my testimony of how I know God is a keeper. 6 1/2 yrs ago when I stated my new Job I had a dream I kept having dreams that the place was closed down with padlocks on the door, I was so afraid because I’m like Lord did you bring me to this place to get laid off, I asked my supervisor many times about the stability and she would reassure me there was nothing wrong, nevertheless; 61/2 years passed and one day in April of this year we were handed a letter letting us know that our clinic would be closing for good, I must tell you I was not devastated because the word of the Lord had truly come to pass the warning I got when I first received was God letting me know he was taking me to another level in faith, trust, and spiritual warfare against the enemy. Please don’t give up on this fight of faith, if God said he can do it then trust and believe he will take care of you, I have gone on 4 job interviews and have been rejected 4 times even though I am over qualified for the positions. Everyday I literally have to quote scripture and cry out to God for peace because the enemy has come in like a flood to destroy me, I refuse to bow down to that lying devil!!!!!! I made up my mind if God doesn’t do anything else for me at least I know when I die I will be in his glory forever!!!!!!!!!! I am saved in Christ Jesus and washed in the blood and no devil in hell or on earth will ever take that away from me even though my faith is tried daily, If God restored Job he can restore you too! Job never blamed God for what he lost because behind the scene it was the devil all along, remember Satan hates us all and he want us to believe God has left us, people underestimate the power of the enemy, start fighting back with the word of God we are in a spiritual battle that will never cease to exist as long as this present age is still here.

6. John says:

My brother in CHRIST let me connect you to the Faith in GODS WORD. Read john 12 vs 49 and Read john 14 vs 13 and 14 after reading. remind GOD of Isaiah 55 vs 11 that HE should remember that HE is the one that spoke to our LORD JESUS that we should ask anything in JESUS NAME that HE will do it so that THE FATHER will be glorify through the SON.