The Light of the World

By   •   March 28   •   Topics:

light

Under the picture of Peter Milne, hanging in the church he founded on the little New Hebrides Island of Nguna, these words are found: “When he came, there was no light. When he died, there was no darkness.” When Christ came into the world, there was no light. Matthew (quoting Isaiah) said of Him, “The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up” (Matthew 4:16). Harry Lauder once said that during his boyhood, he could tell where the lamplighter was “by the trail of light he left behind him.” Christ was the heavenly Lamplighter. Everywhere He went, the midnight gloom of sin and despair disappeared before Him.

My heart and soul praise You, my risen Redeemer, for the light that pervades the deepest gloom and transforms our lives with Your love.

1. Margareta Cronholm says:

Oh, Lord I hope I am a light to the people in need, and my life is not in vain.

2. w.a says:

Matthew 5:14-16 You are the light of the world. A city located on a hill cannot be hidden.
    People do not light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house.
    In the same way, let your light shine before people, so that they can see your good deeds and give honor to your Father in heaven.

3. w.a says:

Philippians 2:15 so that you may be blameless and pure, children of God without blemish though you live in a crooked and perverse society, in which you shine as lights in the world

4. John Timothy Fitzgerald says:

I love to read what Dr Graham has to say and he is a blessing to me when I am in trouble or feel down

5. Joy says:

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved.” “If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” “Crate in me a clean heart o Lord my God, in Jesus name amen.””As Far as the east is from the west so far has he removed our trangressions from us, in Jesus name amen.”Ask seek knock and find.” St. Luke and St. Matthew. “Jesus is a friend of sinners, in Jesus name amen.””We are his workmanship created for good works in Christ, in Jesus name amen.””The Lord’s Prayer (privately) amen.

6. Joy says:

Thankyou.

7. Joe says:

Amen. Saturate us with Your light Dear Lord.

8. Gerry says:

Let the divine light of Jesus Christ illuminate your path in life.

9. Joyce Paul says:

choose to walk in love,choose to walk by faith. choose to live by Word. LORD JESUS is the WAY!
    CHOOSE HIM! God Bless you! amen

10. sk says:

Please pray for a situation at work. God knows. thanks

1. Margareta Cronholm says:

SK, I am praying in Jesus Name for a situation at work , God knows. AMEN.