The Cleansing Power of Christ

By   •   February 6

cross

To have a guilty conscience is an experience. Psychologists may define it as a guilt complex and may seek to rationalize away the sense of guilt; but once this has been awakened through the application of the law of God, no explanation will quiet the insistent voice of conscience. Many a criminal has finally given himself over to the authorities because the accusations of a guilty conscience were worse than prison bars. The Bible teaches that Christ cleanses the conscience. To have a guilty conscience cleansed and to be free from its constant accusation is an experience, but it is not the cleansing of the conscience that saves you; it is faith in Christ that saves, and a cleansed conscience is the result of having come into the right relationship with God.

I stand in awe of the magnitude of Your forgiveness, Father.

1. Richard sostre says:

I thank GOD for his mercy and grace we don’t deserve also his forgivness without that we all be going to hell think you JESUS AMEN PEACE GODBLESS

2. Grant says:

God, I do not understand how you could ever forgive me, but I believe that you do when I ask you to with an honest heart. Please continue to work in me. Change me into exactly what you want me to be and help me to desire You and serve You above all else. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, amen.

3. Modupe Ilori says:

Lord, forgive me my very many sins & bE gracious to me in Jesus name,amen

4. D.S.Rajsekhar,Triplicane,Chennai. says:

Lord,be merciful to me,a SINNER.Only You can save me and cleanse me from my sin and guilt.Thank you Rev.Dr.Graham for teaching me to practice the Presence of God.

5. esme moodley says:

Blessed and encouraged by THE WORD each morning

6. Prajwal says:

Thank You Father for this beautiful devotion; thank you for cleansing my conscience and as I am, I come to you Lord. Thanks for bringing me near to You each day.

7. Patty Bruntz says:

Please send the Holy spirit upon me. I really need you to help me fight temptation. Deliver me Jesus! All glory is to you, our Lord. Amen

1. Joe says:

Amen Patty.

8. jar taung says:

thanks to the Father Lord and to your ministry which founded by God alone. as today verse is directly speak to me.