Seek God For Yourself

By   •   May 6

boy looking at blue sky

Whenever anyone asks me how I can be so certain about who and what God really is, I am reminded of the story of the little boy who was out flying a kite. It was a fine day to go kite-flying, the wind was brisk, and large billowy clouds were blowing across the sky. The kite went up and up until it was entirely hidden by the clouds. “What are you doing?” a man asked the little boy. “I’m flying a kite,” he replied. “Flying a kite, are you?” the man said, “How can you be sure? You can’t see your kite.” “No,” said the little boy, “I can’t see it, but every little while I feel a tug, so I know for sure that it’s there!” Don’t take anyone else’s word for God. Find Him for yourself, and then you too will know by the wonderful, warm tug on your heartstring, that He is there, for sure.

Oh heavenly Father, as I reach out to You I feel the “tug” of Your Holy Spirit, which tells me of Your presence!

1. Jeannette Gillum says:

Dr.Graham is a man of great knowledge of the word of God and may the Lord continue to bless him.

2. Margareta Cronholm says:

This little tug of God, what a feeling of joy!

3. philip says:

it is very important for us to knowing GOD because he is our redeemer.thank you pastor for this teachings.

4. Lusa Phiri says:

Just when I was about to give up.. This devotion has brought me hope. God will surely bless you. :)

5. Grace falcon says:

God Bless !

6. maragadham says:

Lead me holy spirit let me also feel the tug.

7. Sandy Brown says:

Jesus knocked on the door of my heart when I was 12 years old. I opened the door, confessed my sins, repented and accepted him as my Lord and Savior. There has been ups and downs thru out my life and when I had no answers or people had forsaken me, God opened a door or sent some one to help. Year before last Jesus spoke to me in a Bible story that I have read many times. It is the story about the disciples and Jesus going out on the lake in the boat and while they were asleep a great storm came up and waves were coming over the side. The disciples only saw that they were going to perish. Jesus is the truth of all things in our life. He stood up and told the storm to be still and it did. We must learn to lift all things up to Jesus.

8. Archana Bhambal says:

God’s presence is the best assurance I feel in my life. Thank you Jesus for being there….

9. Amy says:

Oh, indeed, indeed, indeed it does. :) God bless you for staying faithful to Him all these years. It blesses my heart and inspires me to stay in there.

10. idongesit says:

I’m so glad to connect to BGEA, I believe this ministry will continue to bless my life, although I’m bless with this devotional and will be glad to receive ur Daily Devotional Thanks.