Religious Freedom

By   •   July 4   •   Topics:

group holding hands and praying

On this Independence Day we should be on our knees thanking God for all He has given us. The United States is a country in which everyone has an equal opportunity. Thank God for a country where there is no caste or class to keep a man from going to the top. If a man has a will to work and study, he can go ahead regardless of his background. In addition, thank God, He has given us freedom of religion. Whatever you may believe, no one can close your church because your religion does not coincide with his. A few people meeting in a small, out-of-the-way shack, worshiping God as they believe in Him, have the same right to religious freedom as the people who worship God in the great cathedrals on the avenues of our greatest cities.

Thank You, God, for allowing me to live in the greatest, grandest, and most free land the world has ever known.

1. michael says:

And happy 4th of July.

2. Stan Klevn says:

I do thank God for his blessings everyday. Bot not everyone in this country has the same opportunities, thanks to racists. To deny this is foolish. And the “haves” and “have nots” of all races continue to grow thanks to the greed of a few. And not all people have the same chances as others. And how many black churches have been burned to the ground by white racists? The list could go on as you know. I love this country, no mistake about that, but there are serious injustices that are rampant in this country. Pretending inequalities don’t exist doesn’t make them go away. I would think Jesus Christ is very disappointed in mankind in the U.S. and around the world.

3. Gerry says:

Hold tight to your beliefs…….pray that the erosion of your religious freedom stops.

4. Kelly Cissell says:

God Bless America. The land of the free because of people sacrificing their lives for our free UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. I am proud to be a AMERICAN. Thank you God!!!!

5. Joyce Paul says:

We are at best when we serve God from our hearts. True strength is the power of God in the soul. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

I read your devotions every morning. It sets my day, to keep my eyes, my hearing on the word of Jesus. He is AWESOME! Thank you!

1. Cheryl says:

You are forgiven.

7. Ed says:

So true – God bless America!

8. Joyce Paul says: