Not Good Enough

By   •   March 10

cross with light

People go through many doors which do not lead to the Kingdom of God. Some try the door of good works. They say, “I can get to heaven if I only do enough good things, because God will honor all the good things I do.” It’s wonderful to do good things, but we cannot do enough good things to satisfy God. God demands perfection, and we’re not perfect. If we’re going to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, we have to be absolutely perfect. You ask, “Well, how will I ever be perfect?” We need to be clothed in the righteousness of the Lord Jesus. There is one door to the Kingdom and it’s Jesus. And we will never get to heaven unless we go His way.

Almighty God, there is nothing I can do to be worthy of Your love, and yet You have given me Jesus—my Savior and Lord!

1. Joy says:

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved.”"Create in me a clean heart o Lord my God. Amen”, “As Far as the east is from the west so far has he removed our transgressions from us. Amen”"May God bless us everyone. Amen” thankyou and Praise you, Lord Jesus Christ. amen”

2. Deanna says:

So what this tells me is that to get to the Kingdom of God I must be perfect….and in another hand it states we are not perfect…..Confused. ….I live here on earth right now and that in itself creates a huge barrier to becoming PERFECT…

3. carol marescia says:

Amen thank you for an owesome word God Bless

4. Marsha says:

Can you please explain what it means to be “clothed in the righteousness of the Lord Jesus” as well as “go His way” ? Can you please help?

1. Abel says:

If perhaps I could add my voice to this, then I would like to say that, “clothing in the righteousness of the Lord Jesus” is opposed to clothing in man’s own righteousness. The righteousness of man as the man of God was saying is depending on his own good works or acts which the Bible says amount only to “filthy rags” (Isaiah 64:6). And with the righteousness of Christ, you believe in what God has done for you through the gift of His Son and therefore, “old things (old life style, old habits, old living, which does not honor the Lord) pass away and new life begins.” (2 Corinthians 5:17). So then, like a little child, God takes the hand of this person and as he has become the “righteousness of God in Christ.” (2 Corinthians 5:21)…

2. Steven says:

Hi Marsha, I’m probably not the best at being able to explain this, but I’ll try for you. To be clothed in the righteousness of the Lord Jesus is to be wrapped in the Holy Spirit. When you ask Jesus into your heart and to take control of your life, and guide you to do his will, and if you are truly speaking from the heart, he will fill you with the Holy Spirit who will then teach you and guide you towards the answers to all of your questions. In essence, you will then be going his way. You’ll be amazed at how everything will seem to just fall into place and at how much your capable of learning and retaining. That’s a rather simplified answer, but then again, God doesn’t want it to be difficult for his children to know him. Pray for guidance

3. Abel says:

leads him in the path of righteousness which God has channeled for us through His word. And Jesus says, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.’ (John 14:6 NKJV). So then after passing through the only Way (Jesus) to God, He leads us through His way (the leadership and guidance of His word, the Bible) safely through “our journey of hope” (Heaven) till we finally reach that final destination. And it is worth emphasizing that, there is no other way whatsoever to God and Heaven, but Jesus and Jesus alone!

5. Percy Busani Ngwenya says:

Jesus Christ You are Jehovah-Dzidkenu; meaning that You are my Righteousness. Let me not rely on my on understanding, nor my knowledge nor my self-righteousness but let me rely on Your Righteousness that is rooted, grounded and Founded by Your Word. Amen.

6. alilia says:

Yes so true. Some teach do this but they themselves feel it’s okay. I’m sure what we walk in our personal life have more impact then our words. God Thank you for your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

7. Joe says:

Amen. Thank you dear Lord for all your blessings. I pray for your compassion and blessings on us all.

8. Gerry says:

Being good, is great. However, it takes a personal relationship with Christ to get to Heaven . Scripture is clear, He is the one and only way . There are no backdoors……….

9. Joyce Paul says:

We are nothing without Him, our righteousness is like filthy rags……our only refuge is LORD!