No Reason to Hurry

By   •   December 4   •   Topics:

36827757

This is a high-strung, neurotic, impatient age. We hurry when there is no reason to hurry—just to be hurrying. This fast-paced age has produced more problems and less morality than previous generations, and it has given all of us jangled nerves. Impatience has produced a new crop of broken homes, or more new ulcers, and has set the stage for more world wars.

May my heart be still amid all the turmoil, as I remember Your patience with me, Lord Jesus.

1. Ann Britt Smith says:

Be still and know that I am God. There are many voices but His is the one we should quietly listen to. Love this new site.

2. joanne powell says:

I try not to allow the stress of HURRY to enter my life except in an emergency then I would definitely hurry … I can not rush at anything. If I do then I am hurting my own self by allowing stress to take over my body. Thank you Lord for your blessings on me … I love and worship you

3. Kevin Morrow says:

Amen…

4. Elisa says:

I always remind myself and my husband that we need to practice patience all the time. I pray for him and my family that we grow strong together. I thank our Lord through out the day for all the good and bad that we have gone through together. And to guide us through our everyday lives. Sometimes I think to myself, how did we get through this situation? When you leave it in Gods hands ALL things are possible.

5. Gary Francis says:

This message is so true. I feel that life is so fast and furious that we no longer have time to appreciate what God has given us. God bless Billy.

6. Donna D Brown says:

Thank you so much. I totally agree and have asked the Holy Spirit to check me when I am going with that flow of hurry, hurry, hurry. I think it’s very important.

7. Ann says:

I have been out of work for over a month due to a head injury. My income is the only one at this time so I am definitely learning to slow down. I don’t really have a choice as too much activity aggravates the symptoms of Post Concussive Syndrome. I have had to take a medical withdrawal from grad school and rely on my daughter to drive me to various appointments. I tend to be very independent so this is difficult for me. There will also only be gifts for the new grandchild at Christmas this year due to lack of funds. And yet, through it all I am finding myself looking forward to Christmas more than I have in a very long time. In previous years there was so much going on and so much that I “had: to do that the real meaning of this blessed holiday tended to get lost in the busyness of getting ready for it. I’m learning that there is a reason for everything that happens in my life. I think perhaps this head injury is a gift from God that has reminded me of what is important: Christ, family, and taking the time to have a meaningful relationship with both.

8. Shirley Taravella says:

Everything is hurry up. Everyone says I’m so busy. This is causing stress on parents and children.. I Amen. Amen. In my 70’s and I can’t hurry any longer. This causes me to stress my family and friends which causes me stress. I have cc on my tv since loss of hearing. News media talk so fast I can’t keep up and cc is about 2 sentences ahead or behind. God gave us the hours in a day and the days Ina week. We need take time to say hello with a smile. Thank you for this devotion today.

9. Debbie says:

I needed to hear this today. Life has handed me some real challenges .Thank You Lord

10. Cindy whittaker says:

Phyllis I will pray that the VA kicks in for you and your husband! Please Thank him for his service and God Bless you both.