Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

Loneliness

By   •   October 16   •   Topics:

iStock_000001935364Small

Loneliness is one of the greatest problems people face today. It is a leading cause of suicide-that is now the third greatest killer of students in the United States. People feel various kinds of loneliness. One of the most common is the loneliness of solitude. Or there is the loneliness of suffering. Many people experience loneliness in society, or there is the loneliness of sorrow, guilt, and judgment.

All of us feel at times a loneliness for God. Someone has called it cosmic loneliness. We don’t know what it is. It makes us restless. You see, man was made for God; and without God, he is lonely. But Jesus is knocking at the door of our heart, saying, “I want to come in. Let me in.” He doesn’t push His way through that door. We have to open it and invite Him in; when we do, He comes in to live forever and we are never lonely again.

Lord Jesus, I remember the agony of my days without You. Lead me to the lonely people who need to experience the joy of Your companionship, too.

1. joy says:

thankyou. “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” Philippians 4: 13 St. John 3:16 “Con Dios todas las cosas son possibles.” in Spanish translates as “With God all things are possible.” from Genesis, Jeremiah, St. Luke 1:37, and Mark 9 from the good Holy Bible, I believe.’ “Amazing Grace.” in Jesus name amen’ thankyou again.

2. Robert Ballard says:

Dear brother Billy Graham, I hope this email finds you at peace and in good spirits. I have heard your words for many years and if you are not a modern prophet then there are none. If the news media could have crucified you they would have a long time ago. I begin my day with a cup of coffee, you daily message, and my prayer which consist of the Lord’s prayer and one that I made up to give thanks for my many blessings and to ask forgiveness and repent my sins. I want to thank you for your life, your teachings, your positive influence on so many of us sinners, and most especially the abundant love you have for your fellow man. God bless you and I know that he already has.

3. Gerry says:

You can be surrounded by a sea of people and still feel lonely. Seek first the relationship with Jesus Christ, he wants to be your best friend and fill that void.

4. Alice N. Kambo says:

Amen! Very timely message. I will rely on God’s presence in my life and his Word to fill my heart so i don’t feel lonely anymore or reply on people for companionship.

5. Joyce Paul says:

Lord Jesus filled us with HIS Love and Power.Lord Jesus calls us to follow HIM.PEASE is the Presence of GOD! Praise The LORD!!! amen.

6. Paulokisang says:

The message got me in real loneness n reactivate me,thank u so much.

7. Rachel Reed says:

I was there a His last crusade in California before his son took over.

8. Caleb says:

Rick, sorry to hear that. Praying for you.

9. Rick says:

I’m lonely, I’m hurt, and I’m exhausted. I sometimes feel as though I’ve passed from death into life, you know now that I’m saved. But at other times I feel the craving for a sweet little individual and I’m at the mercy of the Lord to break the current (ice) over from me. Praise Him, really, Amen