In His Image

By   •   February 3

man on dock

You were created in the image and likeness of God. You were made for God’s fellowship, and your heart can never be satisfied without His communion. Just as iron is attracted to a magnet, the soul in its state of hunger is drawn to God. Though you, like thousands of others, may feel in the state of sin that the world is more alluring and more to your liking, some day-perhaps even now as you read these words-you will acknowledge that there is something deep down inside you which cannot be satisfied by the alloy of earth. Then with David, the Psalmist who had sampled the delicacies of sin and had found them unsatisfying, you will say, “Oh God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is.”

How I long for You, God, yet so often my heart is drawn away from Your leading. Like David, I desire a clean heart.

1. Anita V Saldana says:

Dear god give me a new heart everyday try to reach out to god and think he is not there,but as a disciple i stuggle so much in the smallest things as doing a quiettime with god,i feel that way cuz i dont have a disciple husband cuz he loves this world to much.GOD help me to b right with U and give my burden to U as U tell us in your word.make my heart new so that I may please U in everything i do in jesus

2. Charles Walker says:

Thank you Rev Graham, Franklin, and the entire BGEA for continuing to proclaim The Word of a God….Christ’s return is near and time is short. God bless you all.

3. Damiane Lucas says:

Thank you for this beautiful website. I love it all! I find peace and great joy from your daily devotions. Thank you! May God bless your efforts to spread the Gospel over the world.

4. Judy says:

Dr. Graham – as I read today’s devotion – it hit a chord in my mind…This is what I want for my life..I ask for you and others to pray for me…I need/want this change. Amen & thank you.

5. Bob DeGraw says:

There is nothing in this world that has ever completely satisfied my deepest desires. Each year i have realized just how temporary the things of the world are. Today more so than ever the world and it’s promises that you can have it all, ultimately leave one wanting more and more. Until a person comes to Jesus he will never have it all. Thank-you God for my Jesus who is my All. Praise be to God

6. Hellen says:

Create in me a clean heart my Lord and my Savior.

7. Gerry says:

The desire of my heart is to have a deeper understanding of the things of God. Then apply them to my life and become a better servant.

8. Shannen Varquez says:

Hi! I am currently taking your Bible plan and I am hoping this would push and guide me into strengthening my faith. Thank you very much!

9. Joyce Paul says:

Thank you Lord for all your compassion and tender_mercy and love. fill me with Your Divine Holy Spirit!GLORY TO LORD! amen.