Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

Giving Back What is His

By   •   February 7

woman holding money

You know that the hardest thing for you to give up is your money. It represents your time, your energy, your talents, your total personality converted into currency. We usually hold on to it tenaciously, yet it is uncertain in value and we cannot take it into the next world. The Scripture teaches that we are stewards for a little while of all we earn. If we misuse it, as did the man who buried his talent, it brings upon us the severest judgment of God. The tithe is the Lord’s. If you use it for yourself, you are robbing God. We are to take the tithe as a standard, but to go beyond the tithe is an indication of our gratefulness for God’s gifts to us. In the midst of sorrow and trouble, this life has many blessings and enjoyments which have come from the hand of God. Even our capacity for love is a gift from God. We show our gratitude by giving back to Him a part of that which He has given to us.

Give me a generous heart, Father, that does not grudgingly give back to You all that is rightfully Yours.

1. GERALD GOTT says:

I really love your ministries and pray you continue until our Lord calls you home. God Bless

2. Shawn Thomas says:

Thank you so much this was a really great devotion.

3. Bob DeGraw says:

While this is one of the hardest things to commit to on a regular basis, it is also one of the things on my mind the most. the nature of my business is so up and down, i struggle to tithe on a regular basis. it wears heavy on my conscious,. When i do give i give with a cheerful heart, full of love giving to God’s kingdom knowing it is the best investment i could ever make. My prayer today is for God to give me the strength to give abundantly even when my business is slow and to trust Him to supply all my needs..

4. Hadassah Harvey says:

I attend a lot of churches. God recently spoke to me to give some money to the family of a man who carries a cross for Him internationally. Does any one know if a love offering is completely from tithes, since what Kieth does is for the BODY OF CHRIST, internationally?

5. Joyce Paul says:

I thank God….Graciously bless me generous heart. His unconditional love,compassion and tender mercy is too much for us all! GOD BLESS YOU!

6. Bernadette Dickerson says:

It’s always a good reminder to tithe no matter what situations and circumstances we face (cut in wages, car break down, etc.) Tithing is who we are. I thank God for you and your family steadfastness, always abounding in the work of the Lord.

7. M and R Tucker says:

It is our greatest joy to bring out tithes to the Lord in worship and in praise! It is such a blessing. We also find it extremely delightful to give offerings to various works of God out in the field that are doing what we cannot, but are happy to support those who are called to do so!!! You’ll never understand the blessing that comes from giving from your heart into God’s work, if you don’t try it. The tithe is a command, and a wonder… that God would allow us to give. Offerings are an immense priviledge and there are no words for such joy and delight to be a part of others work by helping them “go forth into all the world”. Praise God for all HIs blessings on each one of us. Hallelujah! and Amen!!!

8. Hellen says:

Amen and Amen

9. D.S.Rajsekhar,Triplicane,Chennai. says:

We are to BRING the tithes for it belongs to God. There is no ‘giving’ of tithes. HE is the GIVER ! how wonderful to tabernacle in His Presence with tithes & offerings ! Verily, it’s a privilege. HALLELUJAH ! Thank You Jesus ! AMEN !

1. H. Kenny says:

Amen! Giving money brings joy to God and man. You cannot out-give God.