A Covenant With Eyes

By   •   July 30   •   Topics:

7360084

Someone has said, “You cannot help the first look, but the second is sin.” Jesus indicated that you can engage in immorality by a look. The Bible places the “lust of the eye” right along with other major sins. Listen: “For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.” Peter spoke of having “eyes full of adultery.” No wonder Job said, “I have made a covenant with my eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?” Your eyes see only what your soul allows them to see.

May my eyes be on You, Lord Jesus, for I need Your purity and love to fill my heart and mind.

1. Veneta says:

Thank You sir for the Word! The best place where to keep our eyes is God alone and our dear Jesus.

2. Marian Kargbo says:

Thanks Jesus for redeeming me from the power of sin and from the penalty of sin for I am no more under the law but under grace.

3. Pam says:

Right on time. God is speaking. I pray my husband will listen.

4. ADEPEJU ROBERT JAMES says:

Lord Jesus Christ, help me through your grace that my eyes will be focused on you, not the lust of flesh and the world. Let your purity and love fill my heart for your glory. In Jesus Christ name.

5. Joyce Paul says:

Dear God, Please give me the strength to go against the flow of this world. Help me to resist what is wrong in Your eyes and to act in a way that please You, for the glory of Your Name!

6. One Cubed says:

I just came across these devotionals and find them an absolute blessing. God bless BGEA.

7. Dawn says:

amen, yes Lord Jesus, let my eyes be fixed on you and not on the lusts of the flesh, or the world or anything that would defile my spirit soul and body, thank you Jesus and AMEN

8. Gerry says:

Be on guard , satan knows your weaknesses. He will try and exploit them at every opportunity. However he is a defeated foe. Christ blood, shed at Calvary assured that for those who believe. Focus on him continually and pray for his strength to guide you through your days.

9. Daniel says:

Lord Jesus , i need your purity to fill my heart and mind. for i realise i sin with almost every part of my body ,soul and mind.

thanks for the post