Billy Graham’s Answers on Abortion

By   •   January 25, 2017   •   Topics:

pregnant woman

Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Psalm 100:3 (ESV)

All throughout the Bible, it’s clear that human life is precious to God. More than ever, we need biblical answers to questions about abortion and the sanctity of life. Here are a few My Answers from Billy Graham.

Q: Why is abortion such a big issue for Christians?

A: Life is sacred, and we must seek to protect all human life.
>> Read the entire answer

Q: I’m single, pregnant, and don’t know what to do.

A: I know it’s common to think of abortion as a simple answer to an inconvenient problem, but it’s a far more serious issue.
>> Read Billy Graham’s entire answer

Q: Would it be wrong for me to pray that my girlfriend will be open to getting an abortion?

A: You’ve probably heard the old saying, “Two wrongs don’t make a right”—and it’s true, especially in this case.
>> Read Billy Graham’s entire answer

Q: Our teenage daughter is pregnant. What advice should we give her?

A: May you and your daughter carefully and prayerfully consider your options.
>> Read Billy Graham’s entire answer

Q: I got an abortion. I can’t forgive myself, and I know God won’t forgive me either.

A: You are wrong when you say God can never forgive you.
>> Read Billy Graham’s entire answer

God cares about all lives, including yours. Find peace with Him today.

1. Jerry says:

Very true life is so precious to God.

2. Sister says:

I’ve been talking to this beautiful girl for 2 weeks trying to stop her from abortion and explaining her what it is in Gods eyes according to the Bible. But she did it anyway… Today, during the procedure she was texting me to support her choice and cheer her up, and pray for her, and show love. But it was very hard for me to do that. I was harsh: screaming out how dark her choice is… she was surprised I could not love her at that moment being a Christian… I love her and believe God already forgave her and always have a good plan for her. But I don’t know how I should of been gentle with her during that procedure.

1. Kelechi says:

Sister, I think you need to tell her you felt sorrow over the life she took. It does seem she has not realized that life is sacred. God loves every one of us, including the abortionist, but hates sin. To encourage one in sin is to support the sin.

3. Renee Rhodes says:

I believe that abortion “on demand” is wrong. However, I struggle with it in the following circumstances: rape, incest and the life of the mother. What wisdom can you offer in these circumstances?
    Thank you for your thoughtful response. Renee

1. Kelechi says:

If the life of the mother is at risk, deliver the child. If pregnancy follows a rape, we do not have the right to snuff out the life. God can bring out blessedness out of evil.

4. Annette Peoples says:

May God richly bless you and Franklin Graham’s ministry. I believe America was blessed through the prayer gatherings at the 50 state capitals led by Franklin. Praise be to God.

5. Rose says:

Yes nobody has a right to kill the unseen child

6. Niewkorlang Nongrem says:

Against abortion means pro Ten Commandments. But to be silent on the subject means pro abortion.

7. Dean Presson says:

I believe Reverend Billy Graham was the most effective preacher in the 20th century. I never missed his sermons on radio and TV unless it was not possible. I enjoy some of his replays on occasions.

8. Joann. Comstock says:

Because of Billy Graham I gave myself to Christ when I was 11.