Samaritan’s Purse Doctor Recovered from Ebola

By   •   August 21, 2014

Dr. Kent Brantly, the Samaritan’s Purse doctor who contracted Ebola while caring for patients in Liberia, will be released from Emory University Hospital in Atlanta today.

BOONE, N.C. — The following is a statement from Franklin Graham, president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse:

“Today I join all of our Samaritan’s Purse team around the world in giving thanks to God as we celebrate Dr. Kent Brantly’s recovery from Ebola and release from the hospital. Over the past few weeks I have marveled at Dr. Brantly’s courageous spirit as he has fought this horrible virus with the help of the highly competent and caring staff at Emory University Hospital. His faithfulness to God and compassion for the people of Africa have been an example to us all.

“I know that Dr. Brantly and his wonderful family would ask that you please remember and pray for those in Africa battling, treating and suffering from Ebola. Those who have given up the comforts of home to serve the suffering and the less fortunate are in many ways just beginning this battle.

“We have more than 350 staff in Liberia, and others will soon be joining them, so please pray for those who have served with Dr. Brantly – along with the other doctors, aid workers and organizations that are at this very moment desperately trying to stop Ebola from taking any more lives.”

Dr. Kent Brantly Prepared Remarks: ‘I Am Thrilled to be Alive’

1. Clarissa says:

I was recovering from a total knee replacement surgery at a rehab center and in some pain. I turned on the tv when the story on dr Kent Brantley was shown on tv.my pain seemed so small compared to what he was going through that instant I put my hands on the tv screen and began to pray for him and his family.Our god is awesome god

2. EMMANUEL AKINKUNMI says:

This Christ like passion is all we need today among all professors of Christianity especially in western world. “….by this shall all men know that ye are of me”..Jesus said. Ride on brethren, you have strenghten our faith. God bless your ministry.

3. Dr Darlene Strong says:

A good report PTL! Awakend a few weeks ago or more to pray for Franklin Graham … contacted the office in the USA …. After seeing the www and the work that continous is amazing I made a second committment at a Billy Graham crusade 50 years ago
    Blessings
    d
    D.

4. kemi Sodeinde says:

hanks be to God for his loving kindness and for his faithfullness over Dr Brantly and all members of Biily Graham Evangelical Association and other Samaritan’s Purse. The Lord will continue to uphold you all

5. Melba Clarke says:

Thanks be to God Almighty who has not given us over to the will of the adversary. Great is HIs faithfulness.

6. LINDA ESSER says:

I had been saying a number of prayers on their behalf and hearing of his cure, is a real miracle. God’s angels were definitely in his presence. I hope his colleague is continuing to do well in her treatments as well. We need these doctors. We need them to continue in their work for the Lord. God is good and blesses His people in more ways than we know. Hallelujah!

7. Ebenezer Janthika says:

Great to here that dr.kent survived from Ebola. God bless him n his family

8. Carol Marris says:

Our God is an awesome God…..!!!!!