The Cove Celebrates 25 Years of Ministry

Inside one of The Cove's two inns
auditorium
Auditorium inside Billy Graham Training Center
Cove dining hall
The dining hall inside the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove
praying
A group praying together on the deck at the Billy Graham Training Center in 1994
inside training center
Members of The Cove staff at Christmastime
Dining hall workers at The Cove
Dining hall workers at The Cove
training center
Front entrance of the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove
Dee and Jerry Miller
Dee and Jerry Miller on the deck of the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove
Cove deck
The back deck of The Training Center, a popular gathering place
steeple
Chatlos Memorial Chapel steeple
Cove dedication
Billy Graham speaking at the dedication of The Cove in 1993 (six years after The Cove held its first programs)
Cove dedication
Billy Graham and Jerry Miller at the dedication of The Cove, on a rainy day in May, 1993
Decision article 1985
The 1985 Decision magazine article announcing The Cove, which was originally to be called "The Billy Graham Lay Center"
Billy Graham and Jerry Miller
Billy Graham laughing with his friend, Jerry Miller, who served as the first executive director of The Cove
Millers and Grahams
Jerry and Dee Miller with Ruth and Billy Graham at Christmastime
Jerry Miller giving a TV interview on the site of The Cove in Asheville, N.C.
Jerry Miller giving a TV interview on the site of The Cove in Asheville, N.C.
training center construction
Construction of the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, built in 1991
Jerry Miller Cove
Jerry Miller making a presentation about The Cove
Chatlos steeple
Ruth Graham chose the height of the steeple after deciding the architect's plan didn't make it tall enough.
Chapel steeple
A crane lowers the Chatlos Memorial Chapel steeple into place.
Chatlos Chapel steeple
The 87-foot-tall steeple of Chatlos Memorial Chapel being transported on the back of a pickup truck
Cove construction
Early Cove construction
Cove from the air
Billy Graham's brother, Melvin, found the property that's now The Cove while flying over Asheville, N.C., in the 1970s.
chefs
Carefully preparing a meal for Cove guests
Cove staff overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains
Cove staff overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains
chapel
Chatlos Memorial Chapel
Cove leaves
The Cove in the fall

1. prabhu kumar says:

One day I want to be there .

2. prabhu kumar says:

Excited to see a
    place which looks so peaceful and visualising the beauty of god’s creation and the harmony in it’ . One day want to visit the cove..

3. Maureen says:

If it’s the will of God I pray that someday I will be able to come to the Cove.
    I am so in need of finding personal time to in his word. Psalms 46:10
    “Be still and know that I am the Lord” I need that still time to be with him and to get over my anxiety.

4. Jack says:

The year of 10/ 18/ 11, I flew down to N. C. To the Billy Graham Library, It was A wonderful day, I talked to many people, Every one was very helpful, Showing me through, I bought some books, Had A nice lunch, At 5 o clock I went back to the air port and flew back to PA, I was able to hand GOSPEL TRACKS, to people on the plane and air port, It was A great day, I went on a mission trip on 5/5/13, To Honduras, My first Missionary trip, I may go again in 2014, I also would like to go down to The COVE, I enjoyed the information very much, I think it would be another one of GODS BLESSINGS, To all who can experience LOVE AND PEACE, RESTING IN THE HANDS OF GOD, Please PRAY for me that I will be able to make the trip, GOD BLESS ALL, I THANK GOD, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY,

5. Brenda Singletary says:

I forgot to mention in my previous comment above that my precious husband went home to be with the Lord in June of this year. Our visits to The Cove provided me with sweet memories, I wouldn’t take anything for those times we had there together.

6. Brenda Singletary says:

My sweet husband and I went to seminars at The Cove every year for 10 years. It has been awhile since we were there but we talked often about returning. It is a beautiful place, quiet and serene, no sound of traffic. It is a place to come away from the world, it’s cares and bustle, a place to draw close to God and truly feel His presence. It was often difficult to decide what seminar to attend as the people who teach them are almost always people we feel we know from television, radio or books. Every time we attended a seminar we went away thinking it was even better than the one before, our visits seemed so short, so quickly gone, we were never ready to leave. There used to be 5 day seminars and we tried to attend those as often as possible but I think in the 10 years we came we only attended 2 or 3 of them. The facilities are beautiful, cozy and inviting and the food is amazing. Staying at the Shepherd’s or Pilgrim’s Inn always enhanced our experience. We tried always to make our reservations early enough to stay on site but several times we had to stay at a hotel just outside the property. We always loved to attend in the fall as God outdoes Himself, painting the mountains the most glorious colors. We live in Florida and fall doesn’t really happen here. We have recommended the Cove to all our friends but it is impossible to adequately relate to them the experience, the blessing, that awaits them at Billy Graham’s Training Center at The Cove.

7. Rena' Grier says:

I visited The Cove years ago for a women’s retreat with my friend Beverly Wilson……who always reminded me prayer is the track we run on! The Cove was the most beautiful place I can ever remember visiting. I felt the presence of God in such a tangible way. The food was awesome! My time upstairs kneeling in the chapel as big sister Ruth Graham often did was so special that words cannot render it justice. God truly met me at the point of my need. What a wonderful place for the church women’s retreat! I will never forget The Cove! Thank you Dr. Billy Graham, Brother Melvin, staff at The Cove (Jane – I’ll never forget you!), and all who have played any part in it’s success. God bless you!!! You are impacting lives for good for eternity!

8. Pastor Julius and Lorene Bradshaw says:

This has been a beautiful experience reading how the vision developed. And, seeing all the beautiful pictures of life at the Cove. Hope to come someday!

9. Shawn lofaro says:

I’ve had many dreams of going to the Cove <3

10. Cristina says:

Yah even in my dream i want to fel that place päls Lord!