Cast Your Cares

By   •   August 17   •   Topics:

young man in dark room

Some section hands on a British railroad found a thrush’s nest under a rail. Peacefully sitting on her eggs, the hen was undisturbed by the roar of the fast trains above and around her. Someone has written a little verse which goes:

“Said the robin to the sparrow,
‘I should really like to know,
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so.’
Said the sparrow to the robin,
‘Friend, I think that it must be,
That they have no heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me.'”

Jesus used the carefree attitude of the birds to underscore the fact that worrying is unnatural. I am learning in my own life, day by day, to keep my mind centered on Christ, and the worries and anxieties and concerns of the world pass, and nothing but “perfect peace” is left in the human heart. God has taken the responsibility for our care and worry.

Lord Jesus, I'm happiest when I'm fully trusting You. This day help me to be constantly grateful for Your care and faithfulness.

1. michael says:

That’s a real analogy of the birds & fellow believers.

2. Hootie says:

May God speak to the crowds as the Rev Franklin Graham delivers his message. Through him
    and his father, The Rev Billy Graham, millions have been brought to you Lord. AMEN. Also, the Robin to the Sparrow is so true for ALL of us mortals.

3. Sue says:

Thank you for this daily devotion. It is a strong message and it is a big help to me.

4. Joyce Paul says:

God has given us information about the future to glorify Himself, to assure us of HIS Sovereign Control of history, and challenge us to godly living.PRAISE LORD!!!

5. Yohana Gunda says:

I like the message, how powerful it is to me to walk tonight as strong as the son and a believer and a heir of the treasures entrusted to me. Be blessed more and more brothers.

1. Gerry says:

God is in charge. Trusting him with all things is essential. The details of your life matter to him. Thank you Lord for your merciful, daily , intervention into the lives of my Brothers and Sisters everywhere.

6. Kathleen says:

I loved what you wrote today. I try every day to let God handle my worries. I talk to him and tell him my worries and my joys. I am always thankful for his love and grace he gives me everyday. Even when I don’t do our daily devotions I know he loves me and will hold me up for this day. I have learned to be thankful for what he has done and given to me each day, and for all he has done in my 71 years on this earth. Even through hard times like when we lost our youngest son at 30 from suicide, he was there and gave me the strength I needed. God is great.. Thank you so much Mr. Billy Graham for your gift from God to us all.

7. prince luka says:

kindly send me your daily devotionals

8. Carol Starr says:

I LOVED this message on “worry”…because I’m SO aware of my own ongoing battle with worry. What I do is breath deeply and picture myself breathing in the fresh air of the Holy Spirit. I also am constantly just saying, “Jesus”, “Jesus”. He quiets my spirit… Oh, how I love Jesus!! And my husband and I pray for Billy Graham and so enjoy his program of past crusades! Love in Jesus, Wes and Carol Starr

9. Wanda Y. Williams says:

I have read my Day by Day for at least five years, became busy with three foster children, forgot where I put my worn book, longed for the word, and saw your apt. Praise God for His servant Dr.Graham. Now I feel back on track.

10. Linda Wolfe says:

Thank you for sending today a devotion with a poem my Mom had in our kitchen and quoted often. I would like to receive a daily devotion from you. My father and mother loved your ministry and supported you for many years until their deaths. I also have supported your ministry and have been blessed through you by God.