Billy Graham says, “We are to pray in times of adversity, lest we become faithless and unbelieving. We are to pray in times of prosperity, lest we become boastful and proud. We are to pray in times of danger, lest we become fearful and doubting. We need to pray in times of security, lest we become self-sufficient.”
As 2009 gets underway, each and every person who works at BGEA is aware of how much we rely on prayer to accomplish the work God has set before us. We can’t do it alone. We need you to support us in prayer, especially this year, with so many challenges in the world. To get you started, we have listed prayer requests from many of our ministry areas and leaders.
From Franklin Graham:
In America, a new president assumes office this month, taking leadership during a time of economic stress and huge challenges. Christians understand that God holds ultimate control because “the Most High is sovereign over the kingdoms of men” (Daniel 4:17, NIV). Pray faithfully for the new president of the United States, that he will listen to God and not man.
Pray for the many thousands of new believers in Brazil and for the local churches who are now teaching them the Word of God and encouraging them in their faith. Read about My Hope Brazil »
Pray for our new Billy Graham Television Specials that we hope will air monthly across the United States. Check your local listings or visit billygraham.org/TV for dates and times on these informative specials.
Pray for our 2009 evangelistic Crusades as we take the Gospel to the masses, that we will be able to reach many hearts. This summer we will be going to cities along the Mississippi from Louisiana to Minnesota with our new Rock the River outreach that focuses on youth. Pray also as we go into Uruguay in South America and Estonia in eastern Europe.
Pray that God will provide the financial resources to accomplish His will for us in 2009, and if He touches your heart, we ask you to consider helping us with a gift this month.
If we look at what’s happening in the economy, it can seem discouraging. At the same time, we need only to look around to see all of the great things that God is doing. It’s good to make an investment in something that is going to have such a great and lasting impact.
Thank you for all you have done and for what you will do to support the urgent work of the Gospel while together we wait eagerly for Christ’s return.
- Pray for those thousands of teens to attend the Gravity (evangelism and discipleship) training in all of our Festival cities.
- Pray for a sufficient number of counselors for one on one counseling in the Festival cities.
- Pray for the instructors as they teach Christian Life and Witness Classes in 2009.
- Pray that every person who makes a decision will respond well to the follow up efforts and be connected to a church for discipleship.
Schools of Evangelism:
- Pray for new and fresh ideas for speakers, programs and promotion of the Schools of Evangelism.
- Pray for efforts to reach younger pastors more effectively.
- Pray for revival in the churches as a result of the pastors’ involvement in the Schools of Evangelism.
Dare to be a Daniel
- Pray for our 10,800+ Team D2BD (trained students) as they become “doers of the word” and share the Gospel with their friends and family.
- Pray for more ministries to use the Dare to Be a Daniel resource as a tool to equip their middle-school/junior high age youth to be disciples of Jesus and appropriately share Jesus Christ with them.
- Pray for the ministry team as we are halfway through developing the 5-Session D2BD Experience (a new training resource).
- Also pray that God would multiply the number of trained Daniels.
Rapid Response Team
- In the aftermath of devastating floods in southern Brazil, please pray for the Billy Graham Rapid Response Team being deployed this week. They will minister to pastors and train churches how to appropriately share God’s hope and comfort in times of crisis.
- Please pray for our military and BGEA this year as we expand our ministry to the brave men and women serving our country.
- Pray that God would give discernment and direction to BGEA leadership as future cities are selected for presenting the Good News of the Gospel.
- Also pray that God would grant BGEA leadership wisdom in compiling culturally relevant programming with the Gospel as it is proclaimed by Franklin and Will Graham.
- Pray that as hearts are touched with the Gospel, the financial needs for ministry will be met in abundance.
- Pray for the final planning details for the summer Rock the River Tour.
MY HOPE WORLD EVANGELISM THROUGH TELEVISION
- Pray that BGEA as well as national leaders and church leaders would know the right timing for My Hope in their countries.
- Pray for pastors and national coordinators as they train tens of thousands, in some cases hundreds of thousands of people, to share their faith in Christ with others.
- Pray for the funds to implement My Hope. It is very expensive to purchase prime time on national TV for My Hope broadcasts, and to produce hundreds of thousands of pieces of training literature.
- As we embrace the New Year and the exciting upcoming exhibits and events at the Library, pray visitors will allow God to work in their hearts and lives and that we would see many come to Christ.
As Billy Graham says, “Prayer is possible because Jesus Christ has removed the barrier between us and God–a barrier caused by our sins. You see, sin separates us from God, and because of that we have no right to come before Him. But by His death on the cross, Christ paid the penalty for our sins and removed the barrier.
“God then gives us the privilege of coming into His presence when we commit our lives to Christ. The Bible says, “Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need” (Hebrews 4:16). If you have never done so, ask Christ to come into your life today.”
It will be your most important prayer of 2009!