Watch Live: Coverage of Billy Graham’s Funeral

By   •   February 26, 2018

Today—Friday, March 2—Billy Graham’s private funeral service will be held at the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte, North Carolina. About 2,300 invited guests are expected to attend. Following the service, Mr. Graham will be buried beside his late wife, Ruth, whose grave is at the foot of the cross-shaped brick walkway in the Library’s Prayer Garden.

While the funeral service is private, the public can watch a live stream beginning at 10 a.m. ET. The service itself is scheduled to begin at noon ET.

>> Watch streaming coverage

The funeral is expected to last 90 minutes. It will be held under a large tent that has been constructed in the main parking lot in front of the Library. The tent serves as a reminder of how Mr. Graham’s ministry launched under “The Canvas Cathedral”—a white canvas tent during a 1949 Crusade in downtown Los Angeles, where 350,000 people heard him share the Gospel over a period of eight weeks.

“It was Mr. Graham’s explicit intent that his funeral service reflect and reinforce the Gospel message he preached for more than 60 years,” said Mark DeMoss, spokesman for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

Billy Graham's casket taken from hearse in front of library
Billy Graham made his final trip “home” to Charlotte, North Carolina, on Thursday after lying in honor inside the Capitol Rotunda in Washington, D.C. The Graham family and a number of BGEA employees stood by as Mr. Graham’s casket was carried onto the grounds.

Mr. Graham’s sister and each of his five children will speak at the service. His oldest son, Franklin Graham, will bring the funeral message.

Dr. Donald Wilton and Dr. David Bruce will speak at the private interment service. Dr. Wilton was Mr. Graham’s pastor and a close friend in recent years. Dr. Bruce served for 23 years as Mr. Graham’s executive assistant.

President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump are expected to attend the service, along with Vice President Mike Pence and second lady Karen Pence.

As millions are expected to watch the funeral service for “God’s Ambassador,” the man himself would’ve wanted only one thing: for the Gospel to be spread. His life’s work will continue as the love and hope of Jesus Christ is shared on Friday.

Share what Billy Graham meant to you.

Learn more about the Gospel that Mr. Graham preached.

1. Dewey Wingate, jr says:

I loved Billy and Ruth Graham, George Bev. Shea and Cliff Barrows.

2. Rev. Simeon Havyarimana says:

Billy Graham was an inspirational leader who shaped the world. He stayed faithful to his calling. He is my role model. I want to finish like him.

3. Diane Dahl says:

May you rest in peace alongside our beloved Saviour. Thank you for your never ending desire to share the good news of Jesus.

4. Patricia H Gilbert says:

What a man of God. I grew up watching his Crusades. He will be great missed. I prayed for him and his family everyday. He was truly an example of the Lord Jesus Christ…and the apostle Paul. Looking forward to seeing him in Heaven soon. Praying for the family.

5. Ann Small says:

My friend Gigi Graham took me up to meet him one day when I was visiting in Black Mountain. I had no idea all the awards and countries he had visited. He focused his attention on me as we talked. That is the kind of unselfish and humble man he was.

6. Robin C. Wilson says:

God bless you, Billy Graham!

7. William L Stack says:

Dr Graham’s ministry was my mother’s refuge from the struggle of being a widow and mother of five young children. She watched all the televised Crusades she could. Her final words were, “Cathy, you can go to sleep now. I am trusting Jesus Christ as Savior and I will be OK!” My sister went to sleep and my mother entered Heaven that night. It was December 24, 1987. Thank you for being His faithful mouth piece, Pastor Graham!

8. Jami says:

His voice will forever be in my mind whenever I read John 3:16. I watched him when I was a little girl. My family did not attend church, but we watched when he was on TV. So thankful for Rev. Graham and for all the Graham family. God bless you always, and I pray you will find comfort in your memories of him and knowing he is home with his Father in heaven.

9. Rev.Dr.Anand Spencer says:

Dr Billy Graham was an extremely excellent and powerful preacher. I remember when he came to India. Dr Anbar Abdul Haq was his interpreter. I was very young.

10. Linda Mills says:

Rest in peace. You’re at home now.