Billy Graham Will Lie in Repose Until 10 p.m. Tonight; the Public Is Welcome

By   •   February 27, 2018

People streamed onto the grounds of the Billy Graham Library on Monday morning to pay their respects. Portions of each day are also being streamed live online.

Today (Tues., Feb. 27), Billy Graham’s body will lie in repose once again inside the Graham Family Homeplace on the Billy Graham Library grounds in Charlotte, North Carolina.

His casket, which will remain closed, was received on Saturday afternoon by his children, grandchildren, sister and other close family members after a touching three-and-a-half hour motorcade that began near his home in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

During today’s lie in repose period, the line is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Portions of the day will also be streamed live on Billy Graham’s memorial website.

>> Watch the live stream

There will be no on-site public parking during this period of lie in repose. All public parking will be accommodated at the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center located at 7100 Forest Point Blvd., a few miles from the Billy Graham Library and at the Charlotte Business Valet, Lot 2 at 5807 Wilkinson Blvd.

Complimentary public shuttle buses are running continually from these lots to and from the Graham Family Homeplace. The last shuttle will depart the parking lot 30 minutes before the public lie in repose closes.

>> Read the Public Visitation Guide for more information.

>> Has God used Billy Graham to impact your life? Share your story.

1. Louise says:

What a wonderful man, and such a tribute to the Glory of God. He impacted my life in so many ways from age 10 to 77 yrs. My sincere sympathy to all of his family.

2. Mark says:

Sitting in an Army barracks and miserable in 1978, heard Billy’s Gospel message on T.V. Accepting his invitation to start new in Christ, I ran (not walked) to find a church. I will never forget the joy of that time. Thank you, Billy.

3. Stephen says:

“Well done, thy good and faithful servant”

4. Shoushig Shamlian says:

You ran your race, and you ran well. Truly a man of God.

5. Eddie Montalvo says:

A true man of God has left a legacy on earth for us to follow Christ. Welcome back home to our Creator. Rest in peace.

6. jeremy says:

Billy, you accomplished God’s mission on Earth. Rest in peace.

7. Lily Quijano says:

I have tremendous respect for this servant of God—for the life that he chose to live and for the work that he did to further the kingdom of God. I know even in death God will use his legacy to bring others to Christ.

8. Sandra Ausbon says:

Thank God for Rev. Billy Graham. A great man for God!!!

9. Lois Long says:

He’s home. God bless the memory of Mr. Graham. I was blessed to be a part of his Crusade in Minneapolis, MN, some years ago. He was a regular in our household growing up. All stations carried his broadcast and we all gathered around the TV. To God be the glory. Rest in peace, warrior preacher.

10. Bertrand Buba says:

My wish is that when I exit this phase of my life some day, I should go to where Billy Graham is. I am convinced that he is with Master Jesus!