(Nashville, Tenn.) – Throughout recent weeks, the world has been captivated by countless tributes and heart-felt memorials to the late Rev. Billy Graham. Now, Franklin Graham is preparing to share a lifetime of personal memories, anecdotes, and lessons that he has learned from his father in Through My Father’s Eyes—a book that has taken almost twelve years to complete.
“My father’s image will remain etched in my mind and his voice will ring in my ears,” says Franklin Graham. “The lessons I have learned through my father’s eyes have anchored me and made me realize that what he taught me was what he also learned through his Father’s eyes from heaven. I believe this book will give readers a look into the heart of a father who has never disappointed his son. This is just a glimpse of what all believers learn from the love of a heavenly Father.”
“With Billy Graham now in Heaven, I can think of no better person to take us behind the scenes of his life and mission than his son, Franklin,” says Matt Baugher, senior vice president at HarperCollins Christian Publishing. “This is a book that Franklin has been working on for years and it had just been completed when his father passed away on February 21, 2018. It is an honor to work with Franklin and the entire Graham family to advance the Gospel, the message Billy has preached, and to make this important book available to the public as soon as possible.”
Franklin Graham is chairman and president of Samaritan’s Purse, a Christian relief and evangelistic organization, and also serves as president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. Franklin is the fourth of Billy and Ruth Bell Graham’s five children. An avid outdoorsman and pilot, he lives with his wife Jane Austin in North Carolina where they have raised four children and now have twelve grandchildren.
Donna Lee Toney, a colleague of Franklin Graham for thirty-seven years, has been involved in the ministries of Samaritan’s Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and in literary collaboration since 1982, most recently on the release of the New York Times best-seller Where I Am and the bestselling The Reason for My Hope: Salvation with Billy Graham.
About Through My Father’s Eyes
- W Publishing Group, ISBN# 978-0-7852-2713-7, May 1, 2018
- The finished book will be $26.99, printed case-side with marketing o-wrap.
- The foreword is “From the Words of Billy Graham.”
- John Howard Sanden is an American artist who has painted hundreds of distinguished personalities around the world, including the official White House portraits of President George W. Bush and First Lady Laura Bush. He also painted the portrait of Billy Graham used for the cover of Through My Father’s Eyes.
- The book will include a 24-page insert of color and black and white photos (some never-before seen) from the private collection of Franklin Graham and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
- W Publishing Group has worked with Franklin Graham to include an afterword about his last visit with his father and personal memories of the funeral.
- Simultaneously released internationally in trade paper, Through My Father’s Eyes will also be available in Spanish as Por los ojos de mi padre.
FRANKLIN GRAHAM IS AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEWS.
Contact: Stephanie Newton
Director of Marketing and Publicity
tel: (615) 902-2320
W Publishing Group, an imprint of Thomas Nelson, Inc., part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, is a world-leading provider of Christian content and has been providing readers with quality inspirational product for more than 200 years. The publishing group provides multiple formats of award-winning Bibles, books, gift books, cookbooks, curriculum and digital content, with distribution of its products in more than 100 countries. Thomas Nelson is headquartered in Nashville, TN. For additional information, please visit www.thomasnelson.com.