The Throne of Grace

By   •   December 8   •   Topics:

Earth illuminated

Praying is simply a two-way conversation between you and God. Thousands of people pray only when they are under great stress, or in danger, overcome by uncertainty. I have been in airplanes when an engine died; then people started praying. I have talked to soldiers who told me that they never prayed until they were in the midst of battle. There seems to be an instinct in man to pray in times of trouble. We know “there are no atheists in foxholes,” but the kind of Christianity that fails to reach into our everyday lives will never change the world. Develop the power of prayer. Man is more powerful when he is in prayer than when he is behind the most powerful guns. A nation is more powerful when it unites in earnest prayer to God than when its resources are channeled into defensive weapons. The answers to all our problems can be had through contact with almighty God.

Hear about the power of prayer in this Billy Graham audio message.

My time spent in prayer with You, dear Lord, is the highlight of my day. To know You are waiting to have this communion humbles me. Yet You say I can come boldly—this I do now, knowing You hear me!

1. Don Roy says:

I am very grateful for Jesus, my family, pastors, churches, friends, America and freedom of religion.

2. Pat says:

Thank you for your prayer with this devotional. I have been working on my involvement in prayer, but for so long was trying to learn to pray modeling myself after others when Jesus had already shown me how. I became so wordy in “being specific” as I have heard other leaders say. Thank you for helping me see myself as able to come before God’s Throne in all things, not just those big things as I was taught as a child. God does love me more than I have ever loved myself. God bless you!

3. pamelia warnock says:

Thank you for these words of encouragement. I strongly believe in prayer, that is why I ask for prayer for both my daughter and youngest grand-daughter. They are going through illness and testing. I pray each day their results will be negative. I know God hears and answers prayer that is why I am asking for Angie and Cindy to be on pray list. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

4. Darrell Ingram says:

Good morning. I was going through my tablet and I came upon this reading The Throne of Grace. As I started to read the first thing I picked up on was about how people pray and I find myself in the category, I only pray when I am in need and I need to get on my hands and knees and pray all the time. I would like to learn more about how to pray so I can be in God’s life and he will be in mine.

5. Sujane Lindberg says:

God touches me through you. Thank you for your love and obedience to our Lord, so He can use you in thousands and thousands of lives!! Love you, my Christian brothers.

6. Gary Barthel. says:

I would like to know more about the Billy Graham ministry.

7. Gary Barthel. says:

I would like to learn how to pray and how to come to God in prayer

8. King Johnson says: