The Throne of Grace

By   •   December 8   •   Topics:

Earth illuminated

Praying is simply a two-way conversation between you and God. Thousands of people pray only when they are under great stress, or in danger, overcome by uncertainty. I have been in airplanes when an engine died; then people started praying. I have talked to soldiers who told me that they never prayed until they were in the midst of battle. There seems to be an instinct in man to pray in times of trouble. We know “there are no atheists in foxholes,” but the kind of Christianity that fails to reach into our everyday lives will never change the world. Develop the power of prayer. Man is more powerful when he is in prayer than when he is behind the most powerful guns. A nation is more powerful when it unites in earnest prayer to God than when its resources are channeled into defensive weapons. The answers to all our problems can be had through contact with almighty God.

Hear about the power of prayer in this Billy Graham audio message.

My time spent in prayer with You, dear Lord, is the highlight of my day. To know You are waiting to have this communion humbles me. Yet You say I can come boldly—this I do now, knowing You hear me!

1. Wilma says:

Looking forward to seeing you in heaven Mr. Graham. Thank you for all you have endured to share the Bible with millions. May the Lord’s light of love and kindness shine on you forever.

2. Naw Esther says:

Thanks. Must improve prayer time. Without praying we can not live.

3. Gerry says:

Why wait for difficult times to reach out to God. He is wanting to hear from us always. Its like calling a friend only when you need something. It causes the other person to question the sincerity of the friendship. Communicate with God in prayer every single day. Show him that you truly care for him in good times and bad. Everyone will be happier.

4. Max says:

Heavenly Father protect us from the evil one this day. I pray that everyone on this website will pray for a revival in our country as happened in the book of Acts. We have God-fearing leadership coming in January. The evil one and his minions both spiritual and mortal will be doing everything in their power to keep our country running the same course it has run for the eight years. Pray for our country!

5. Apostle Wise says:

God is wonderful
    I remember my Dad said Billy Graham is his mentor and he has been mentioning his name since.
    Now by the grace of God his son is now an Apostle of Jesus Christ.
    Glory be to God
    I respect Papa Billy Graham
    More grace!

6. Roberto Schimitt says:

Amen. Brazil needs it too.

7. Jim Johns says:

Praise God and greetings to all working behind to make this possible. I’m so glad to be part of this. All by His grace . Thank u Jesus . King of kings and Lord of Lords. Amen

8. Bruce Lee Anderson Jr says:

I remember as a child on sunday eve watching Billy Graham I never understood why I would cry when he invited people up to ask Jesus into their hearts, I know now what a beautiful experience it is to save the soul for the kingdom of GOD! THANK YOU GOD FOR BILLY’S RECOVERY! THANK YOU BILLY FOR BEING MY MENTOR AND MY BROTHER IN CHRIST JESUS NAME! AMEN!

9. Janet Bailey says:

I love reading your messages every day, on Praying, Praising, Gods words and the meanings, How important praying is, and reading you prays, if we would do this all the,time and let GOD be in control how this world would be different. I I’ve God with all my heart, but know I fail him . I don’t want to but I know that he is with me always. Thank you so much Pastor Frank for putting the truth on Facebook and in the world. I also Love Anne in everything that she does to put the word out and her Love for are Father.