The Spiritual Realm

By   •   December 20   •   Topics: ,

It is strange that the world accepts enthusiasm in every realm but the spiritual. The world appreciates and understands emotion and enthusiasm, until it becomes a religious fervor—then immediately it is suspect. When you bring a grand and glorious abandon to your dedication to the Lord Jesus Christ, you are thought by many of your neighbors to be mad, to have “gone too far” in religion.

The whole history of missionary enterprise is filled with names like William Carey, Hudson Taylor, John Paton, David Livingstone, and others, who were thought by their generations to be mad. Their dedication was beyond the understanding of those who loved the smugness and the ease of contemporary life . . . And yet, in the last analysis, who are the mad ones? Are they not the complacent, self-centered, and smug who are so selfish that they tire of their own smugness, tire of their pleasures, and even tire of themselves?

Be encouraged to be bold for Christ as you read this timeless message.

Let me rededicate my life to You, with complete abandonment, Lord Jesus.

1. Moira Sinclair says:

Thank you for your “Thought for today”. I was converted in 1955 at the Kelvin Hall, Glasgow.

2. Ludmila Smith says:

3. Jane C. Bryson says:

By God’s grace and your guidance I was born again during the Crusades you held in New York City in 1957. It has been thrilling to look back and see how He has used me in working with the young ones and telling them about Christ. Thank you Dr. Graham for your faithfulness in sharing God’s powerful Word.

4. Vanessa Williamson says:

5. Rosario Lewis says:

Alleluia. Do not worry. It is better to be mad for Jesus and enjoy his peace and joy here and eternal life after we sleep in the Lord. I would better be mad for Jesus than mad for this world. Glory to God. Amen

1. Gisele says:

Amen here

6. Max says:

There are so many lessons to le learned in reading these Daily Devotions and the comments. This website is truly a blessing to me in the early morning when everything is peaceful and quiet and a person can “Be still and know God”.

7. Gerry says:

It is a essential as a believer to seek the guidance of the Lord in all things. He will light your path, for Satan will surely try to trip you up. Always remember that greater is he who is in you than he who is in the world .

8. Rick Wilson says:

“’As the new heavens & the new Earth that I make will endure before me,’ declares the LORD YHWH, ‘so will your name & descendants endure. From one New Moon to another & from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come & bow down before me,’ says the LORD YHWH. ‘And, they will go out & look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, & they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

9. adepeju robert James says:

Jesus Christ my saviour i rededicate my life to you whole heartedly take the glory of my life forever