The Divine Standard

By   •   March 7

Christ said there is a happiness in that acknowledgment of spiritual poverty which lets God come into our souls. Now, the Bible teaches that our souls have a disease. It causes all the troubles and difficulties in the world. It causes all the troubles, confusions, and disillusionments in your own life. The name of the disease is an ugly word. We don’t like to use it. It is “sin.” All of us have pride. We do not like to confess that we are wrong or that we have failed. But God says, “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” We have failed to live up to the divine standard. We must confess our sin as the first step to happiness, peace, and contentment.

Go Deeper: Read Franklin Graham’s message on sin

Pride kept me so long from acknowledging my need of You, Lord. Each day, help me to realize I am nothing without You.

1. Lynn Phillips says:

Always enjoy reading your fb pages. PLEASE pray for a physical need of my husband of 40 years. Thank you and I will send you the praise report!!! God is faithful.

2. Carol G. says:

Oh, yes, Lord Jesus, I am nothing without you! How wonderful & powerful was your sacrifice on the cross, your blood you shed for our sins, & the love you give us always! Thank you for being my Savior, Redeemer, and Great Physician! Praise your holy name!

3. Rosario Lewis says:

Pride kills. It causes so many spiritual sickness that effects even our physical health and personal life. Just to mention some of these sickness. Anger, revenge, addiction to liquor, etc. So we have to come down from our prestige and pride. Remember lucifer because of pride fell from heaven. Same way it may keep us away from heaven. Lord God, I come before You today. Lord God the Bible says what is impossible for man is possible for God. Lord God, take away my pride. Help me to realise that I have sinned. I ask you Lord God forgiveness tonight. Change me and mould me as per your will. Let your will be done. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

4. Joyce Paul says:

Help us, Lord, to trust You with the uncertainty in our lives. God can be trusted to guide us.

5. Gerry says:

I am a sinner, trying to improve daily. I am deeply grateful and appreciate God’s consistent Love , Grace , Forgiveness and Mercy. His daily presence and guidance is absolutely essential. He comforts me during life’s storms. I can’t possibly thank him enough for all he does daily. I am a very blessed man.

6. JP says:

We serve an AWESOME GOD. Lord, show me the way and KEEP me there! AMEN

7. Victor Temidayo says:

I’m nothing without Your Grace Lord Jesus,help me.

8. Robert Evans says:

I would like to thank you Dr Graham for you all of your years of committed service to Christ our King

9. john ike chiekie says:

Enriching.

10. June says:

Our God loves us so much. Thank you Father for your unending love.