Internal Strife

By   •   August 1   •   Topics: ,

David, king of ancient Israel, found himself in the midst of a confused national situation. His kingdom was torn by internal strife. Slave hated master; master hated slave. People blamed the government, and government blamed the people. David looked about him and saw that every man thought himself perfect. Each individual placed blame upon other individuals. David knew that if sinful pride continued to increase, his nation would collapse spiritually. He knew that economic depression, moral disintegration, or military defeat inevitably follow spiritual decline. So David turned to God, and it was revealed to him by the Spirit of God that the spiritual tide of his nation could rise no higher than the spiritual level of his own heart. So he fell on his knees in utter humility and prayed, “Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psalm 139:23,24).

Billy Graham: Don’t Let Pride Get in the Way

Lord, deliver me from the sin of pride, and fill me with continuing humility as I go about the tasks before me this day.

1. Oluniyi Olusakin Michael says:

I bless God for the devotion. It refreshes and builds my spirit man.

2. King Johnson says:

We all love how David became a true champion and an icon. Let us all do what he did. It’s worth it. Giving praise and honor and dedication through your own life, plus the living grace should definitely be enough!)

3. Steve says:

Lord please help me not to be judgmental or prideful as I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. Thank you for your Son and the forgiveness that is possible through Him. Amen.

4. Steve says:

Lord forgive us of our sinful pride. We are yours and all we have belongs to you.

5. Gerry says:

Like Paul, too often, I do not do the things I know I ought to do. Then, also too often, I end up doing or thinking things I shouldn’t do or think. This seems to be an endless battle. So I definitely have nothing to be proud of. However, God continues to faithfully shower me with his incredible grace, forgiveness and mercy. He is also always faithful to forgive each and every time I confess my sins. Thank you Lord in the highest.

6. Apostle Will says:

I did drugs for over 20 years. Now, just by attending church twice or more a week, I am 14 years clean. Only Jesus Christ can do this. Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah! Praise Him forever!

7. Raksha says:

Thank you Lord for the wonderful Word. God I summit myself in your hands, please give me a humble heart and love of God in my nature. I can’t do it myself. Please take charge of my life and change me God. Amen.

8. Adepeju Robert James says:

Father uproot every root of pride and arrogant in me in Jesus Christ name.

9. Mark C says:

‘And how precious are your thoughts toward me…’ Psalm 139

David was given a throne on Earth.

And bowed before the throne in Heaven.