An Angry World

By   •   June 24   •   Topics:

bench on gloomy day

The world, in the last few years, has reverted to a sort of barbarism. As practical Christianity has declined, rudeness and violence have increased. Neighbors quarrel with neighbors. Fighting is a major problem in our schools and the “gang wars” of the teenagers have come to present a serious menace in our cities. Fathers and mothers wrangle and bicker. Homes are disintegrating. High government officials in Washington engage in name-calling and in heated disputes not at all in keeping with the dignity of their office. Why and how has all this savagery crept into our social life? It is because we have forgotten Jesus’ words, “Happy are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth.” I have seen tough, rough, hardened men open their hearts by faith, receive Christ as Savior, and become gentle, patient, merciful gentlemen.

Fill me with Your mercy and love, Lord. In an angry world let me be used to bring peace where there is strife.

1. Joyce paul says:

Lord, Give us the Wisdom to seek YOU, Light to guide us to YOU, Courage to search until we find YOU, Grace to worship YOU and Generosity to lay our gifts before YOU, our King and our GOD! Amen.

2. ijeoma says:

Lord, use me to bring peace where there is strife in this angry world. Amen

3. D.S.Rajsekhar, Triplicane, Chennai. says:

Beware of mixing even a little of self with the mortar with which you build, or you will make it untempered mortar, and the stones will not hold together. If you look to Christ for your beginnings, beware of looking to yourself for your endings. He is Alpha. See to it that you make Him Omega also. If you begin in the Spirit you must not hope to be made perfect by the flesh. Begin as you mean to go on, and go on as you began, and let the Lord be all in all to you. Oh, that God, the Holy Spirit, may give us a very clear idea of where the strength must come from by which we shall be preserved until the day of our Lord’s appearing! AMEN.

4. Rick Wilson says:

Once again, how can anyone hope to remain calm, when one is unable to keep all of YHWH God’s laws and commandments? Yes, thanks to YHWH God, we have been granted grace to overcome sin. Still, we must continue to strive to do what is right, and sometimes that means admitting that we do NOT even know what truly is right; it is then that true light may be revealed to us. Accept salvation, and remain righteous in Yeshua’s holy name, amen.

5. Stephen Hall says:

Thank-you Lord for helping me with my anger issues. I was the “angry-young-man” who became the grumpy older man, and reading Your Word, returning to church, getting counsel from my minister, and frequent prayer have helped me overcome my too often angry emotions, now transformed into a more patient, peaceable, and forgiving mindset. I know I have a ways to go yet; please be with me on this path. Please bless this ministry and all those who take heart and hope from it. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

6. Gerry says:

The more the world rejects the great truths and moral laws of Christ, the more evil and lawlessness will increase. One of the answers is to get back to what once made North America great, God-fearing countries. Sadly this is not likely to occur. So believers need to stay strong by daily Prayer and studying in God’s Holy Word.

1. DEANIE anderson says:

7. Joyce Paul says:

Dear Lord, we love You. We want our lives to tell the story of Your Goodness n Grace. May we be a bold witness of You. Use us in ways we never thought possible. God bless us! Amen.

8. samwel says:

God bless Graham ministry.

9. Reilagi says:

Amen, it’s amazing how Jesus words smooths out the most bumpiest roads in the world and his love endures forever.