A God of Justice

By   •   December 19   •   Topics:

A number of years ago I was stopped for driving too fast in a speed zone, and in the courtroom I pleaded guilty. The judge was not only friendly but embarrassed for me to be in his court. The fine was ten dollars. If he had let me go free, it would have been inconsistent with justice. The penalty had to be paid either by me or someone else! Judgment is consistent with love. A God of love must be a God of justice. It is because God loves that He is just. His justice balances His love and makes His acts of both love and justice meaningful.

God could not consistently love men, if He did not provide for the judgment of evil-doers. His punishment of the evil-doer and His separation of the righteous is a manifestation of God’s great love. We must always look at the cross on the dark background of judgment. It was because God’s love for man was so intense that He gave His Son, so that man would not have to face judgment.

God is just, Billy Graham explains in this classic message.

You are the Supreme Judge, almighty God, and I thank You that even though I did not deserve forgiveness, my judgment was paid by Your beloved Son, Jesus Christ.

1. Diana says:

Thank Lord for giving your Son to die for my sins. I praise him as my Lord and Savior.

2. Gideon Rabbie says:

I would like to receive your Ministry’s regular updates on the email address provided. Thank you so much for including me in your list of recipients.

3. Stony Buckner says:

Amen, brother, Thank you for this devotion, evangelist Graham! And thank God for His great love and justice on the old rugged Tree! Happy Birthday man of God’s word I pray He gives you more souls the new year for your labor of love in the world, you bless me and my family with the work He has blessed your hands to do, keep on keeping on brother Billy!

4. Jack jones says:

Thank you so much for teaching me so much about God and living a Godly life.

5. Carol G. says:

Heavenly Father, thank you for being a God of justice! Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my sins because of your precious shed blood! It will be a glorious day when all of us who have received Godly justice & forgiveness, which we don’t deserve, are with you Father God & Lord Jesus forever in Heaven! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

6. King Johnson says:

:)!+

7. Amanda says:

Pls pray for me and my Husband Delverrnce from Alcohol me a lot of strength cause my husband is a mean alcoholic and it’s hard to deal with I’m trying to get right with God around him he’s amnishish OH Lord Help me Heavenly Father give me strength🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

1. Carol Scott says:

Merry Christmas and thank you for the comforting messages…God Bless

8. Lee Ann Penley says:

Merry Christmas and thank you all for such a wonderful message for everyone. I have always been blessed through your Ministry !!!

9. Evangelist Donna simms says:

Praise God for His Forgiveness, Grace and Mercy! This devotion started my day off in an awesome way.

10. Rosario Lewis says:

A Father who loves his child corrects them when they are wrong. God is our loving ABBA Father. He corrects us according to his eternal love for us. Thank You ABBA Father. Right from Genesis throughout we see God’s love and justice so that we turn to Him , repent and be saved. Glory to You God. You alone are worthy of glory and praise. Amen