Praise God for the young people who either accepted Christ or recommitted their lives to Him on Aug. 7 in the Fraser Valley outside of Vancouver, and in Calgary, Alberta, on Aug. 21. Please pray for their follow-up as they get connected to area churches.
“Pray for these young people and the many others whose lives are being changed by the power of the Gospel this summer,” says Franklin Graham. “Pastors from the Fraser Valley area told me that one of the things they appreciated most was the training for evangelism we provided ahead of time. Some pastors called the results of the outreach a miracle, and many thanked us for coming.”
Soon, Franklin Graham will take the Good News of Jesus Christ to one more city in Western Canada. We’ll continue to update prayer requests in the next week.
Art Bailey, who directed Rock the River in Calgary, says that as tour approaches Edmonton, the most important prayer we can pray is for Franklin Graham—”to be intuitive as he speaks; to feel the leadership of the Holy Spirit; and to be able to proclaim not only the Gospel, which he always does very clearly, but to be sensitive to the moment as he is speaking to those kids—that God will reveal to him not only what to say, but how to say it.
“He is the mouthpiece that God is using at the moment. We need to remember at that particular point in time, he will be the most important instrument God has on the planet,” Bailey adds.
“I would ask everyone to focus on Franklin and praying for him at the moment he is preaching—that the Spirit of God will literally speak through him. He needs to be so tuned in that God can guide every word, how he says them, so they are winsome to those kids. They are going to hear God speak through Franklin.”
Also pray for:
- God to work in lives to draw people to attend the Edmonton (Aug. 28) event.
- Youth as they invite their friends to attend, positive responses to those invitations and hearts receptive to the Good News.
- Parents and churches to support their young people’s attendance.
- Youth to attend and their lives to be impacted for Christ.
- Franklin Graham as he prepares messages for those who will attend.
- The bands as they prepare to share God’s love in music and testimony.
- Safe travels for Franklin, the bands, and the BGEA team.
- Good weather. Pleasant temperatures and no rain.
- Staff as they finalize all details for the event and for sufficient volunteers to meet each need on event day.
- Each logistical and technical need to be met efficiently and effectively.
- Multitudes to respond to the invitation to accept Christ.
- Faithful and diligent follow up and discipleship of new believers.
- Hearts to be touched to help meet the financial needs of RTRT-W.
- God to be honored and glorified in everything that is said and done during the entire event period.