This Easter, Share the Hope of Jesus with ‘The Cross’

By   •   March 26, 2014

my hope
My Hope America, featuring Billy Graham's message of hope, is available via download or free DVD at www.myhopewithbillygraham.org

For those who follow Jesus, Easter is about as good as it gets.

It’s a time when Christians around the world celebrate the most important moment in history—the moment when Jesus Christ rose from the grave, defeating death once and for all.

It’s a time to be joyful, a time to be thankful, a time to be—above all else—full of hope.

But what about those who haven’t encountered God’s radical love? For them, this Easter may be just another Sunday. Or, it could be life-changing.

This year, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) is encouraging believers to celebrate the true meaning of Easter by sharing the hope of Christ with friends, family and neighbors.

To help, BGEA is providing free copies of the My Hope video “The Cross” to anyone who plans to share it.

“We want to provide a resource to the Church and encourage the church to pray, to look for the lost and to ask God to open a wide door of opportunity to share the Gospel,” said Steve Rhoads, BGEA’s vice president of My Hope.

As the Easter outreach commences, BGEA is still hearing stories of how God moved during last November’s My Hope America with Billy Graham.

Centered around Mr. Graham’s 95th birthday on Nov. 7, My Hope gave believers a chance to share the Gospel by using one of three 30-minute videos. The flagship video, “The Cross,” featured a new message of hope from Billy Graham, along with the powerful stories of singer Lacey Sturm and rapper Lecrae.

Millions watched “The Cross” on Fox News and multiple network channels. Thousands shared the message through the internet or on DVD.

“One of the main lessons that we learned in November is that Christians are resourceful and creative,” Rhoads said. “We had people that were emailing links to their friends. They were sharing it on an iPad one-on-one. We had pastors who were opening up their churches to do an evangelistic outreach. We had individuals who hung a sheet in a public park and projected “The Cross” for people who walked by.”

Rhoads is excited to see believers come up with new ideas for the Easter season.

“We want to put the resource in their hands and say, ‘We have all kinds of creative ways to do this, but you don’t have to do it our way,’” Rhoads said. “Just do something. Share it at church or at home over coffee, but find a way to share the Gospel at Easter.”

For those who find themselves on the shy side, Rhoads points out that Billy Graham, Lacey Sturm and Lecrae can do most of the talking.

“Mr. Graham is loving and articulate,” Rhoads said. “And in combination with Lacey and Lecrae’s testimony, it brings a person to a point where they have to make a decision.”

Click here to learn more about sharing “The Cross” this Easter, including information on how to download the video or order a free DVD copy.

1. Cassie Pierre says:

This video of revealing what the true meaning of Easter is all about to friends and family is just amazing. Definitely, for this Easter season I will continue to share this wonderful and inspiring message to my family members and my community.

2. Jude says:

I have always respected and loved hearing him speak and his is right on here.

3. Jack Woltz says. says:

When we believe the cross in which JESUS DIED, For all people, Who become His church, We are also prepared For HEAVEN, And our name will be in the LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE, EASTER, Good Friday through Sunday, JESUS RESURRECTION, Is our example, With LOVE, And leading to us the path to HEAVEN, And we will be with JESUS for ever. PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, GOD BLESS ALL.

4. Margareta Cronholm says:

Thank you. The Cross to the people, it will move their hearts and minds. I myself was very touched by the video. Praying in Jesus Name for salvation this Easter.

5. Debbie says:

Thanks to Reverend Billy Graham, his wife Ruth, and his family, Franklin, and Anne for continuing to preach the gospel to the nations. My family have been supporters since Billy began his early ministries, and was regularly on TV with the Crusade revivals. I am doing a bible study, Jesus the One and Only, study of the chapter of Luke, presented by Beth Moore, which will complete just before Easter, the class really sets the tone for the Crucifixion and Resurrection of Jesus….I hope that everyone can take some kind of bible study to know the Word of God, it is fulfilling, and uplifting to understand the bible and God;s purposes in so many things. Lives can be changed through the wisdom and knowledge God provides to his children,

6. Pastor Vincent Odiokwu says:

You are my mentor,you are doing a great job in the world.The Lord is your strength.God bless you..

7. Patrick says:

Dear Billy Graham, your ministry makes all virtues comprehensible. Thank you for guiding me to believe the source of my moral life derives from that virtue by which I believe in God and that virtue by which I desire the kingdom of heaven and eternal life as my happiness. Thus the willingness on my part to obey Jesus Christ, like the Apostle Matthew, has returned me to my former innocence and has improved my moral life as a Christian. It is necessary-imperative that I keep evangelizing, speaking, proclaiming, communicating, transmitting the gifts of God, to one others, for the glory of God the Father and for my salvation.

8. Mary says:

Cruise ship ministry: many years ago God called us to minister to cruise ship sailings, especially to the crew who were usually treated with distain by passengers. Soon Frank from Jamaica a greeter at the buffet line, was saved. We have been in touch with him ever since. We have used our personal money to do this, with the usual expectations that people would say we were only using this as an excuse to go on a super vacation. One time we sat in a literal hole in the wall alone with a crew member who was re-webbing lounge chairs. He couldn’t believe we would want to spend our time WITH HIM, Now that we are retired our cruises are few and far between but we still save up to go every now and then. Praise God!

9. Marijo Reineking says:

May God continue richly blessing and mightily using you, Billy Graham and Franklin!!

10. Mona Sun says:

My pride is that I have a complete collection of Dr. Billy Graham’s books, which I continually re-read to refresh and guide my humble mind, heart and soul to be GOD’S humble servant.
    May our ALL MIGHTY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS you and yours with Good Health and your much
    needed ministry; GODSPEED, ALWAYS AND FOREVERMORE!!!