President Obama Meets with Billy Graham

By   •   April 25, 2010

obama and billy graham

Billy Graham issued a statement after meeting with President Obama today at his home:

“I am pleased to have had President Obama in my home this afternoon,” said Mr. Graham. “He requested a meeting since he was spending the weekend nearby in Asheville. My son Franklin and I enjoyed a brief visit with the President, followed by a time of prayer together.

“I want to encourage Christians everywhere to pray for our President,” Mr. Graham added, “and for all those in positions of authority, and especially for the men and women serving in our military.”

Mr. Graham has met with every U.S. President since Harry Truman.

PHOTO GALLERY: Billy Graham, Pastor to the Presidents

1. Bryan says:

It's great to find a humble giant my earliest recollections are in what I believe was the first visit to England in the late 1940's at the Kursal Park in Southend Essex. You sure brought to this isle a lasting legacy for which we are very grateful, my wife and I sung in Earls Court, Wembley and have been thrilled by the work of the Graham Association.. having now linked with the ongoing Franklin ministry of Samaritans Purse…we send greetings and grasp the promises of fruitfulness on old age

2. Ethel says:

God Bless You, Reverend Graham. I am, like you, in the “winter season” of my life. In 1992 I had the pleasure of working with the Billy Graham Crusade in Portland, Oregon. In 1989 I had cancerous bone removed from my ankle at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. (no live cancer cells were found as a result of worldwide prayer and healing by Jesus Christ). At that time Rev. Graham was also at the Clinic. On both occasions, I was blessed to stand face to face and speak with Reverend Graham. As I look back on this experience, it was as though I touched the hem of the garment of Christ.

3. Munwar says:

I am very happy that BEGA is a largest association that is serving the Lord since many years. I read the books of Graham's in my national language in Pakistan, I am encouraged through this ministry to serve the Lord and share with poeple those who are lost and hungry for Jesus. Blessings Munwar Pakistan

4. Julie says:

I Saw Billy Graham In Pgh. Pa when My Dad Had a Church There. Again I saw Him In Az. Now In Tucson at My church victory assembly I hear He prayed God would Let Him preach 1 More Time. I Hope so. Billy Graham Is a Minister I Grew Up with. Fantastic.

5. Jesus' Worldview says:

I believe that Christ loves everyone the same, regardless of their nationality. To say the least, we all have personal issues that needs to be addressed. Christ has promised to believer's that we shall be saved, and that's my prayer for myself and everyone in which His message touches their heart.Loving someone requires a measure of humility. It's hard to love someone if we think we have one up on them. However, Christ taught and lived love for all mankind, not matter who they were although He was greater then them all. Despite this greatness He humbled himself and was hung on a Cross for the sins of all mankind. We are to imitate Christ's love for everyone, everywhere and continue to walk by the principles outlined in the Red Letter. I Love Christ forever, and ever because of who He was, not so much for what He has, can and will do for me. With me, its the principle of the matter, He loves me unconditionally.

6. Alpheus says:

I have followed the ministry of the Billy Graham Evang. Association before I came to know Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. I accepted the Lord Jesus in my heart on the 7th June, 1960. I felt God's call to the ministry in 1960. In 1962, I was given a scholarship to study theology at Toronto Baprist Seminary, Toronto, Canada. I graduated from that Seminary 1966.By God's grace I have preached the gospel to this day. I am presently pastoring Faith Baptist Church of Marion Oaks, Ocala, Florida. Having served as Pioneer, founder, and first Pastor of May Pen Baptist Church May Pen, Jamaica for 33 years. The Lord called me to serve City View Baptist Church, Brooklyn N.Y, for 2 and 1/2 years, then to Roosevelt Bible Church, Long Island New York for 10 years. God called me to serve Faith Baptist Church of Marion Oaks on the 1st day of February, 2010,and I am in my seconfd year here. While serving as Pastor of May Pen Baptist Church, May Pen, Jamaica, I was deeply involved in a city wide crusade when Dr. Roy Gustafson was the preacher for a week. I am looking at a Plack which was given to me by Dr. Gustafson at the end of the Crusade in 1980.For all these many years I have been blessed with the ministry of this Evangelist and the world wide ministry of this servant of God. May God continue to use me here in Ocala, Florida, and where ever He may call me to serve Him while I have my being. God bless the BGEA and cause the great gospel of the Lord Jasus Christ.