Imprisoned Pastor Saeed: “Start With Christ”

By   •   April 21, 2014

saeed

Naghmeh Abedini spent another Easter without her husband, pastor Saeed Abedini, who has been imprisoned in Iran for his faith in Christ.

But that didn’t stop Saeed from passing along a letter of encouragement to family and supporters from his Iranian hospital bed where he has been for the past five weeks.

“I had hoped that with all of the travels and efforts over the last few years, Saeed would be home by now. Again this year we celebrated Easter with a deep pain and longing of not having Saeed in our midst,” Naghmeh told FoxNews.com. “Saeed always made Easter a special celebration by doing special crafts with our kids in order to remind them of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and what that meant for forgiveness of sin for humanity and reconciliation with God.”

Naghmeh also shared this letter that Saeed wrote to help encourage others:

Crucifying the resurrected “self” with Christ and resurrects our death faith with Christ.

Happy Resurrection Day.

On the Eve of Good Friday and Easter I was praying from my hospital room for my fellow Christians in the world.  What the Holy Spirit revealed to me in prayer was that there are many dead faiths in the midst of Christians today. That Christians all over the world are not able to fully reach their spiritual potential that has been given to them as a gift by God so that in reaching that potential, the curtain can be removed and the Glory of God would be revealed.

Some times we want to experience the Glory and resurrection with Jesus without experiencing death with Him.  We do not realize that unless we pass through the path of death with Christ, we are not able to experience resurrection with Christ.

We want to have a good and successful marriage, career, education and family life (which is also God’s desire and plan for our life). But we forget that in order to experience the Resurrection and Glory of Christ we first have to experience death with Christ and to die to ourselves and selfish desires.

Jesus said to His Disciples:  “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. (Matthew 16:24)

This means that we should not do things that we like to do (that God does not want us to do) and to do things that we do not like to do (but God wants us to do) so that He may be glorified.

So in addition to spending our days and night in doing the works of faith as described above, we should also transform our death faiths into living and active faiths through the resurrection of Christ which is an active and constructive love that is effective.

In conclusion, let us resurrect our Dead faiths to living faiths by first dying to our selfish “resurrected” self and experiencing the cross of Jesus. Then we are able to experience the Glorious resurrection with Christ.

A Glorious life with Christ starts only after a painful death (to self) with Christ.

We will start with Christ.

Pastor Saeed Abedini
 – Prisoner in the Darkness in Iran, but free for the Kingdom and Light

1. Lewis Story says:

God bless you

2. Joyce Paul says:

All our trials dim when we remember that one Glorious Day we will see LORD JESUS!
    Hallelujah!!! HIS Love Pastor Saeed Abedini and his family. amen.

3. Charles Mandala says:

W wish U all de best pastor in Jesus name.

4. catherine wilson says:

We love yu an praise Jesus with yu . May Jesus keep yu close to his heart an safe in hie love amen never give up an we will pray for yu everyday . Thank you for such faithfulness

5. Gregg Nadin says:

What a great example of being in a place of worldly persecution and still lifting up his fellow Christians and dropping wisdom and showing concern before his own imprisonment.

6. Mr Omaretsule says:

JESUS IS ALWAYS WITH YOU PASTOR SAEED AND HE WILL NEVER FORSAKE YOU. Weeping may last for a night but YOUR JOY cometh in the Morning. JESUS LOVE YOU.

7. Evangelist Phylicia Eghiebade says:

May God continue t strenghten you Pst Saeed. You will fulfill your God given assignment here on earth In Jesus Name. Your body is prison but not your mind or life. Your life is in Christ Jesus so no man can capture and imprison that man who Jesus Christ has resurrected from d dead. Christ resurrection brings about your freedom from death and imprisonment and also it brought about speed and Angelic Visitation. You are not alone! Luv! Evangelist Phylicia Eghiebade.

8. Cordlea Mbweza says:

Am really touched.May God bless you pastor.

9. sandy royce says:

Pastor Saeed is such an inspiration to me. I think I’m having a bad day just because I’m running late, getting stuck in traffic, and my meeting was cancelled. Really, Really! Wow! I know Pastor Saeed is saying, if I only had those problems I would never complain again. Here he is in a prison hospital, worn and torn down and yet Pastor Saeed is still praying for his fellow Christians. He is still preaching and getting the word out with his letters. What an inspiration! Father I pray for my brother Pastor Saeed and his family, Lord give them the strength and peace to get them through this day, Lord I pray that you will bring him home healthy and strong in the name of Jesus. I give you thanks Father for all you’re about to do in your mighty name. Amen!

10. Maria says: