Franklin Graham Requests Prayer for His Father

By   •   December 10, 2013

BG birthday

My father turned 95 this past November 7, and I am pleased to say that my family was able to be with him as he celebrated another milestone in his long and productive life.   Joined by many colleagues and friends from around the nation and the world at this celebration, he spoke briefly of these friendships and did not fail to point people to the Lord Jesus Christ. This will forever be his legacy which is, as the Bible says, a testimony to the faithfulness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Since that night a few short weeks ago, he has had another bout with a respiratory infection and was hospitalized briefly before returning home to recuperate. He is extremely weak but his vitals are good.  Our family would appreciate your prayers for him that the Lord would strengthen him. He has been so encouraged by the release of his most recent book “The Reason for My Hope—Salvation” that he immediately began work on another book about a subject that he feels that God has laid on his heart. Only the Lord knows what is in store as we move forward in service to Him.

To all who have stood with us—some for sixty years—supporting us financially and undergirding through prayer, thank you for your faithful support.  We are encouraged with how God has blessed the proclamation of the Gospel through My Hope.  This evangelistic outreach will continue for the next five years as the Lord is using it so effectively in people’s hearts. We are thankful that He is touching hearts as tens of thousands have responded to the invitation to confess their sins and receive Christ as Savior.

We value your prayers—in fact, we depend on them. We find words of comfort and praise in the psalms, “Oh, bless our God…and make the voice of His praise to be heard, who keeps our soul among the living, and does not allow our feet to be moved. Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer” (Psalm 66:8-9, 16, 20 NKJV).

Franklin Graham Signature

Franklin Graham
December 10, 2013

1. odeyemi Samuel says:

Thank God for baba’s life. May the LORD strengthen him the more!

2. Jenny says:

My church New Generation church, sidcup, kent, uk watched Billy Graham’s final preach last Sunday. It was so moving as I remembered back to those huge meetings in the 60s when I gave my life to Jesus. Your Father is a remarkable man of great integrity a real treasure of whom Jesus will truly say “well done good and faithful servant”. I pray Gods blessing upon him and all the family.

3. Marsha Bullard says:

I’ve been praying for Evangelist Billy Graham for a long time, long after he joins our LORD, JESUS CHRIST, I believe he’ll still be as effective then as he is now, if not more. May GOD answer every prayer you have. Your sister, in CHRIST.

4. Barbara Marshall says:

Oh how blessed I am to live to see a man who lives for Christ
    May the grace of God and the peace of the holy spirit minister to dr
    Graham. I love the work he has done and what you are still doing. Praise God for your ministry.

5. Ana Maria Iregui says:

I want to Thank Mr Billy Graham , my husband one night on the couch listening to one of your sermons on TBN last year gave his life again to the Lord , I just have no words for the many sermons I have watched and I feel your message pierces my heart every time , I truly wish their were many more men as you Sir , as well as your son . I pray The Lord gives you a healthy body again because The Lord knows America needs the word , but we All know it’s not our own will but the Fathers , but I sure hope He would live past 120 … My grandchildren would be able to see a great man of God ! I love you Mr Graham , because The Lord knows how much I needed o hear his words through you , God Bless you Sir and May The Lord bless your family for many many generations

6. Larry Davis says:

I have been so encouraged as a minister and as a person for these past 44yrs. following Dr. Graham’s message and example of true integrity. I continue to be inspired by the Billy Graham Classics and another of his recent books “The Heaven Answer Book”. Thank you Bro. Franklin for keeping the BGEA in the forefront and for the message of The Gospel of Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 15:1-4). God bless you and your family richly this coming year!

7. Janet R. keen says:

Father, cause Mr. Graham to be in health and to prosper even as his soul prospers in Jesus’s name.

8. abiine rahim abraham says:

am from uganda east africa,billy graham has been my hero in preaching the gospel.i will and must put him in my prayers

9. Tabitha Robinson says:

I thank God for raising up such a wonderful man who has and continues to reach so many with His Great Commission; including me. Be blessed in this life and well into the next Billy… Oh my goodness! Imagine all that our glorious Lord has prepared for you!

10. Naokahao Shithung says:

As Psalmist said, “They (he) shall still bear fruit in old …” may he live long and bear much fruit.