Franklin Graham Requests Prayer for His Father

By   •   December 10, 2013

BG birthday

My father turned 95 this past November 7, and I am pleased to say that my family was able to be with him as he celebrated another milestone in his long and productive life.   Joined by many colleagues and friends from around the nation and the world at this celebration, he spoke briefly of these friendships and did not fail to point people to the Lord Jesus Christ. This will forever be his legacy which is, as the Bible says, a testimony to the faithfulness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Since that night a few short weeks ago, he has had another bout with a respiratory infection and was hospitalized briefly before returning home to recuperate. He is extremely weak but his vitals are good.  Our family would appreciate your prayers for him that the Lord would strengthen him. He has been so encouraged by the release of his most recent book “The Reason for My Hope—Salvation” that he immediately began work on another book about a subject that he feels that God has laid on his heart. Only the Lord knows what is in store as we move forward in service to Him.

To all who have stood with us—some for sixty years—supporting us financially and undergirding through prayer, thank you for your faithful support.  We are encouraged with how God has blessed the proclamation of the Gospel through My Hope.  This evangelistic outreach will continue for the next five years as the Lord is using it so effectively in people’s hearts. We are thankful that He is touching hearts as tens of thousands have responded to the invitation to confess their sins and receive Christ as Savior.

We value your prayers—in fact, we depend on them. We find words of comfort and praise in the psalms, “Oh, bless our God…and make the voice of His praise to be heard, who keeps our soul among the living, and does not allow our feet to be moved. Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer” (Psalm 66:8-9, 16, 20 NKJV).

Franklin Graham Signature

Franklin Graham
December 10, 2013

1. Barb Gaines says:

Mr. Graham has brought me to the Lord and seems to be very reliable. I watch and listen every time he is on TV. I feel very blessed to have lived in the same time as he.

2. Athena Jacobs says:

A little over 40 years ago when I was 16, I went with our Methodist youth group to see Time to Run at a local theater. I went forward after the movie and accepted Jesus as my savior. I will forever be grateful to Billy Graham’s ministry for making that opportunity available to me. Thank you sir.

3. teresa says:

I’m praying for you all

4. Dr. Calvin Nation, Senior Pastor First Baptist Church of North Highlands,CA says:

We are praying for Dr. Graham!

5. Debra Smith says:

I love the Graham family for their faithfulness to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. My prayers are wiht brother Billy. It is a previledge to serve in His ministry and support Samaritan’s Purse. I am looking forward to meeting you all in our eternal Home one day!! Romans 15:13

6. Regina Songer says:

We are in Prayer for Dr. Billy Graham that Gods will in his life not our will but Gods will

7. Michael L Hill says:

I just want to thank Billy Graham, Franklin Graham and the Billy Graham Ministry for all of your faithful inspirational words, dedication and love you have given this world in the name of Jesus Christ.I can only reflect what all of you have meant to me in my life, but I try to be a reflection of what Jesus would have me live my life and sharing with others.

God Bless all of the Billy Graham Ministry

Michael L Hill
    Longview, WA

8. Barbara Swamm says:

Praying for Mr. Graham, always and forever!!

9. Ann W. Bullard says:

I am praying for your daddy, you and all your family, and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, as well as Samaritans Purse and Angels. It has been very meaningful to have been exposed to you as a student.at Montreat College and later after graduation when I worked as I worked for the College as Admission Counselor.. Since then I have worked as a Counselor and singing in the Choir in three Billy Graham’s Crusades- one in Miami, FL for 2 weeks and two in Atlanta, GA, What great great experiences thes have been for me in my spiritual life. I worked for the Presbyterian Church, U.S.A as a Christian Educator. It is my privilege to pray for Billy Graham and your family at this particlar time in lives. Love and may our Heavenly Father give you wisdom, comfort and hope in this special time in your lives. Ann W. Bullard

10. Pastor Gregg Patruck says:

I’m in ministry today because of the powerful influence of the preaching Word of Pastor Billy Graham. I am forever grateful to God for allowing me to hear him, understand him and personally meet talk with him. He is, and continues to be my inspiration in ministry.