Franklin Graham Requests Prayer for His Father

By   •   December 10, 2013

BG birthday

My father turned 95 this past November 7, and I am pleased to say that my family was able to be with him as he celebrated another milestone in his long and productive life.   Joined by many colleagues and friends from around the nation and the world at this celebration, he spoke briefly of these friendships and did not fail to point people to the Lord Jesus Christ. This will forever be his legacy which is, as the Bible says, a testimony to the faithfulness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Since that night a few short weeks ago, he has had another bout with a respiratory infection and was hospitalized briefly before returning home to recuperate. He is extremely weak but his vitals are good.  Our family would appreciate your prayers for him that the Lord would strengthen him. He has been so encouraged by the release of his most recent book “The Reason for My Hope—Salvation” that he immediately began work on another book about a subject that he feels that God has laid on his heart. Only the Lord knows what is in store as we move forward in service to Him.

To all who have stood with us—some for sixty years—supporting us financially and undergirding through prayer, thank you for your faithful support.  We are encouraged with how God has blessed the proclamation of the Gospel through My Hope.  This evangelistic outreach will continue for the next five years as the Lord is using it so effectively in people’s hearts. We are thankful that He is touching hearts as tens of thousands have responded to the invitation to confess their sins and receive Christ as Savior.

We value your prayers—in fact, we depend on them. We find words of comfort and praise in the psalms, “Oh, bless our God…and make the voice of His praise to be heard, who keeps our soul among the living, and does not allow our feet to be moved. Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer” (Psalm 66:8-9, 16, 20 NKJV).

Franklin Graham Signature

Franklin Graham
December 10, 2013

1. Mae Oliver says:

Heavenly Father I lift Billy Graham up to you at this time and pray for healing and strength for his body. In Jesus Precious Name Amen. Thanks Billy Graham for all the wisdom and knowledge you have taught so many of us over the years through Our Lord and Savior.

2. Carol S. Bird says:

May our Heavenly Father continue to bless Rev Graham and restore his health

3. Waitsell and Frances Gwaltney says:

We have always loved your Father, . We thank God for him Billy Graham. Our prayers will be with him and your family, Every thing he writes we know he is led by God. We are so thankful to have been able to listen to his crusades on Television. We were at one of his crusades in Richmond, Virginia in 1955 or 1956 we thank God for him and hope his health will improve. God bless him and all of his family.

4. Victoria Migliore says:

I met Dr. Graham a long time ago and he will always be remembered fondly. What a great person and scholar he is. He models Jesus by his words and actions and many have followed.

5. Gino Thompson says:

He is in my thoughts and prayers, also praying for the family too

6. Ron Stewart says:

My respect, love and prayers go out to Rev Graham and you and all your family. Pray for you all Merry Christmas from the Stewart family

7. jo minton says:

I will be in prayer for Dr. Graham, that God will give healing and renewed strength

8. Barb Gellie says:

may God strengthen him and bless him and all the family
    sang in choir when he came to Melbourne, Australia
    1957?

9. Susan Oliver says:

Many heartfelt prayers for a “good and faithful servant”. The first auditorium type event I can remember attending as a small child, was to see Billy Graham in Greenville SC. May God Bless You and comfort you.

10. Catherine Hamilton says:

Honored and humbled to lift Dr. Graham up in prayer for renewed strength. I am one of the millions that the Lord has called through Billy Graham. Thank you Dr. Graham for your many years of being a willing vessel for the Lord.