Franklin Graham Requests Prayer for His Father

By   •   December 10, 2013

BG birthday

My father turned 95 this past November 7, and I am pleased to say that my family was able to be with him as he celebrated another milestone in his long and productive life.   Joined by many colleagues and friends from around the nation and the world at this celebration, he spoke briefly of these friendships and did not fail to point people to the Lord Jesus Christ. This will forever be his legacy which is, as the Bible says, a testimony to the faithfulness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Since that night a few short weeks ago, he has had another bout with a respiratory infection and was hospitalized briefly before returning home to recuperate. He is extremely weak but his vitals are good.  Our family would appreciate your prayers for him that the Lord would strengthen him. He has been so encouraged by the release of his most recent book “The Reason for My Hope—Salvation” that he immediately began work on another book about a subject that he feels that God has laid on his heart. Only the Lord knows what is in store as we move forward in service to Him.

To all who have stood with us—some for sixty years—supporting us financially and undergirding through prayer, thank you for your faithful support.  We are encouraged with how God has blessed the proclamation of the Gospel through My Hope.  This evangelistic outreach will continue for the next five years as the Lord is using it so effectively in people’s hearts. We are thankful that He is touching hearts as tens of thousands have responded to the invitation to confess their sins and receive Christ as Savior.

We value your prayers—in fact, we depend on them. We find words of comfort and praise in the psalms, “Oh, bless our God…and make the voice of His praise to be heard, who keeps our soul among the living, and does not allow our feet to be moved. Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer” (Psalm 66:8-9, 16, 20 NKJV).

Franklin Graham Signature

Franklin Graham
December 10, 2013

1. Jo Ann S Kluge says:

Praying for Dr. Graham, thankful for his life of godly example and faithful service.

2. ,myra j elmore says:

I will pray for Rev.Billy Graham, in fact my birthday is Nov.7 also; I have been a witnessing school teacher for several years and value Rev. Graham greatly. God Bless him and his Son & Grandson’s work for our Lord and Saviour.

3. Angela says:

I pray for Rev. Billy Graham that he continues in good health and that the world continues to be touched by all that he has done in the name of Jesus to help his fellow man. What an amazing person he is. I pray that Gods love and mercy shine on him and his family.

4. Renee says:

My dad is 98 years old and my mom is 84 years old. As a child I can remember them both sitting around the TV listening to one of the Crusades. I can remember seeing so many people flooding the altar for prayer or turning their life over to the LORD. I am 55 years old and I remember being touched that a ministry could touch so many lives. The world is a better place because of the ministry of Rev. Billy Graham. I feel honored today to lift his name up in prayer.

5. Shirley says:

We are praying for Billy Graham and his family.

6. Connie wofford says:

Lord Jesus bless this servant Billy Graham let him spread the gospel many more years, touch his body his mind and his spirit , let him have strength until Jesus retuns use him for your glory in Jesus name the name above all names lord it is all about you and what you did on the cross Jesus Christ and him crucified amen and amen

7. Samuel says:

Your Father is in my prayers and the prayers of all. God bless you. Samuel De Viv

8. William G. Jerry Guthrie says:

Almighty God; surely we are thankful for You as Lord and Saviour. Thank you for the greatest healing property on earth or in heaven salvation through Jesus Christ. We are delivered from the sickness of sin. We have eternal lives that are safe. Our healing is by the stripes of Jesus and by the laying on of hands of the elders especially the nail scarred hands. Our healings bring divine health. Divine health brings wholeness. Thank you Jesus. (1 John 5:13-15). Amen.

9. Jeanne Adler says:

Our first date in 1968 was at the Billy Graham crusade in Pitt Stadium in Pittsburgh. We continue to pray for and admire him and his ministry. May God bless you all. Jeanne and Lee Adler

10. Judy Hewlett says:

Billy has brought so many people to Christ over the years. I’m sure God would say a job well-done. I ask that the Almighty Healer and Comforter put his hand on Mr. Graham, this God centered man and his family. That they continue to grow in faith, and that God would take care of him as his son.
    My grandmother always supported his ministry, and when she passed away many years ago; my family received a beautiful plaque and letter from Mr. Graham. His kindness and thoughtfulness never went unappreciated.